Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched high and low to figure this out. Our STS is having electrical problems when it rains. The first time it happened we were driving in the snow/slush when the dash lights went off along with the radio. The door locks then flickered and the dash came back on and gave every service system imaginable.

The last time it happend it was just a minor glitch where the rear door locks actuated and it gave me the service a/c system along with a service vehicle soon message.

this only happens when it rains.

I checked the battery terminals with no luck. voltage appears within normal range when driving.

Any clue where I should start diagnosing possible ground/shorts that could be being contacted by water???

12,778 Posts
I have searched high and low to figure this out. Our STS is having electrical problems when it rains. The first time it happened we were driving in the snow/slush when the dash lights went off along with the radio. The door locks then flickered and the dash came back on and gave every service system imaginable.

The last time it happend it was just a minor glitch where the rear door locks actuated and it gave me the service a/c system along with a service vehicle soon message.

this only happens when it rains.

I checked the battery terminals with no luck. voltage appears within normal range when driving.

Any clue where I should start diagnosing possible ground/shorts that could be being contacted by water???
Hello Tommydukes,

We are sorry to hear that you’ve been experiencing electrical concerns with your STS. We certainly understand how frustrating it can be pinpoint the exact cause when you’re experiencing an intermittent issue. Please know that we would be more than happy to assist should you decide that you would like to visit your local dealership to have this concern diagnosed.

Sincerely,

Samantha N
Cadillac Customer Care

1 - 2 of 2 Posts