Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Experiencing battery power being cut out.
Driving car, then I shut car off and everything gets cut out but normally the CUE and cluster stays on. I can't even get my fob to work. So i have to go under the hood, ARC the negative and positive battery terminals together in order for all electrical power to go back to normal. I checked for bad grounds but nothing. Anyone had this type of problem and how to fix?

·
Registered
2013 SRX
12 Posts
See my post:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
See my post:

Thanks 2nd Kings. Is this the block that was replaced?
new and I want to make sure that's the same thing?

·
Registered
2013 ATS 3.6L Luxury
349 Posts
Pic of mega fuse that sits on battery in this thread:

After looking at that pic, I did a search for "ATS 300a fuse" and found PN for a 2013 here:

From looking at the pic, I don't think it would be possible to check voltage drop across fuse thru the battery access cover, would have to loosen side panel of trunk cover. Post up if fuse fixes your problem.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The p/n is 15930594, Block 2.483. price of the cart was ~$95. p&l total was $275.
Got you. Your part number is for SRX only for $59 at GM online. They don't sell this block for ATS but you gave me a direction to look and it would be a 300 fuse amp for my car.
Thanks all for the help.
It's funny because since my post, this problem has not re-ocurred but I have to check it anyway. Go figure.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update: it's been months with no re-ocurring issues so I was glad until the problem showed it's face again in december (pattern seemed to be non summer months)🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️. Took to dealer and of course could not copy the issue but they did find battery was bad. I bought new costco battery (because the dang dealer wanted almost $700 bucks) hoping this would fix the issue, but it didnt. When power was lost, I did notice that when i tested the ground post up front to any part of the block, I got no reading/warning for complete circuit. Once I popped the circuit (grounded the positive and negative terminals) to get back the power, then i got a complete circuit. Wondering if could be a grounding problem or the wire itself. I will have to test when I get a chance.🤦‍♂️😫

1 - 8 of 8 Posts