Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I got my seville, I have noticed some quirks in it's personality. Sometimes the traction, RSS, dash lights, raido, and climate control will just got out.

This happens mostly when it's REALLY wet outside, so I am thinking it has something to do with that. Any clue where I should start looking here?

·
Registered
1996 Deville (sold), 2000 Mustang GT
1,300 Posts
Sounds like a bad connection or ground, especially if its not constant. I had the same problem in the bronco I bought, its rusted to hell, and sometimes the interior lights wouldn't work, cleaned up the grounds, never happened again.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like a bad connection or ground, especially if its not constant. I had the same problem in the bronco I bought, its rusted to hell, and sometimes the interior lights wouldn't work, cleaned up the grounds, never happened again.
Good point, I will also check all of my quick connects since I had to take em apart, one might be getting water in it.

·
Registered
2002 STS
370 Posts
did you ever figure this out? how many grounds do you have to go through? i have the same problem with my 02 sts. thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I think I got it. The computer wires were a tad loose. Also under the power distrubution box, there are disconnects, one of those was loose.

It hasn't happened to me in a while now, so I think I got it.

·
Registered
2002 STS
370 Posts
what computer wires? on the DIM? and the power dist. box you mean the underseat one? thanks.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, ****. Nope, it is still happening DAMN IT!!!!! I will keep this updated if I find something.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just a quick update. My battery was bad, REAL bad. It wouldn't hold a charge and everytime it got low, it would fire off the codes, which were mainly "Device power low" codes. I changed the battery and I have yet to see any codes yet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts