Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
09 SRX Sport
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2009 SRX Sport V6 W/Nav & Bose 67k miles

Some small & intermittent electrical issues are starting to compound and I need to start diagnosing them. When I purchased my SRX last year from the dealership everything worked.

Steering wheel heater doesn't work. It will blow the fuse after tuning it on. Feels like a grounding issue but I am aware that it might be the wheel itself.

The bottom reflector LED on the right taillight flickers and eventually stops working. Might be a wire chaffing issue but I don't see a way to remove the tail assembly.

Passenger headlight will turn off after an hour or more of use. Like the ballast overheats. I can turn the lights off then back on and it will work for a short time.

The Passenger headlight small circular DRL in the corner looks like it has become dislodged. I can see its glow coming out the projector and only faintly in the circular part it is supposed to come out. Might be causing the other headlight issue.

My wife just told me that all the lights (headlights, taillights, fogs) stopped working on her way to work this morning. They worked when she left, 20 min later they stopped working and when she got to work they began to work again. This is new to me.

My auto headlight/dash dimming function is mainly stuck in the "night" position. It only turns off the headlight and sets the gauges to the Day setting in very odd light conditions. The dash sensor is only $40 but is there anything else the controls the Auto function? How to I remove the dash piece to get to the sensor?

I have had head unit completely stop working and go black. When this happens I can't hear the blinker click, the stereo, or Navigation lady. This has only happened once for more than a minuet. Not sure what to do about this.

Not sure if this is and electrical issue but I will list just in case anyone else has had this happen.
If I type in an address into the Nav at my house (if I go a mile away or anywhere else in the city it works) the whole system will crash and reboot. It will delete all my preset locations and region. The only thing I can think of is my house is in a new area not listed on the map.

If anyone has any helpful links for the wiring in question or has procedures to remove the headlights/taillight it would help me greatly.

·
Registered
09 SRX Sport
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I meant SRX4. I don't see a way to edit my first post.

I forgot that just last week my backup sensors stopped working. I put it in reverse and it was beeping like something was right behind me. I got out and wiped off the sensor circles on the bumper, that did not help. I put it in reverse again and after a few seconds of "OMG your hitting something!!!" it turned off "driver assist" and stopped working. It turns on randomly but when I put it in reverse it will freak out and turn off.

·
Registered
05 srx awd v6 (gone), '07 GXP, 2010 li'l red wagon 3.6
3,177 Posts
Lots to cover-
St. Whl. circuit goes through SIR module to St. Whl, module, probably a chafed wire near top of column, should be able to find when removing SIR assy. or could be bad module.
Tail light has nuts on back side, access by removing or loosening rear side trim panel.
Headlight removal, from the SM-
Remove the retainers from the top of the front fascia on the side the headlamp is being serviced in order to slightly flex the upper portion of the fascia forward to assist in headlamp removal.
Remove the front fender fascia extension. Refer to Front Bumper Fascia Extension Replacement - Right Side and Front Bumper Fascia Extension Replacement - Left Side.
Loosen the bolt securing the lower front fender to the upper front corner of the fascia from inside the wheelhouse.
Flex the inboard corner of the fascia far enough to remove the lower inboard headlamp bolt.
Turn the headlamp assembly slightly outward far enough to clear the front fascia. Give the headlamp a quick pull in order to disengage the headlamp from the lower front fender retainer.
Disconnect the headlamp electrical connector.
Auto dimmer- remove pillar trim first, 1 screw at top of each, then IP panel can be popped off.
Head unit and NAV, for me ?????????

·
Registered
09 SRX Sport
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!

Also (because I can't edit my first post) the cruise control will cut out randomly and cannot be reset until it shut the car off.

·
Registered
2009 SRX AWD 3.6L
326 Posts
I have the exact same car. Luckily I have not had any electrical problems.

How's the battery and charging system? An issue there can cause all sorts of electrical issues. Also, go find someone with a Tech 2 and have the entire vehicle scanned for codes. A regular OBD scanner will not cut it. A good GM electrical technician should be able to figure this out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts