Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Deville
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a really big problem. I have a 2002 deville and about a week ago i smelt a faint electrical fire smell and the next day it was gone and didnt worry. Now today i started my car keep in mind im in Massachusetts in the cold, i put it in drive and the traction control light came on then the abs light and when i put it in drive the rear end dropped and in neutral it went up. So i get to school and all i smelt was the electrical fire smell again but this time really strong. The smell is coming from the fuel door/cap. I stuck my hand in there and it was warm. Please reply quick before my car burst into flames.
Thanks cody978
Ps ill check codes after class i didnt have time

·
Registered
2005 Lexus LS430, 1993 Deville
181 Posts
Sorry to hear about your trouble. You say that the electrical smell was strongest near the fuel door? Was it bad in the trunk? The first thing I would do is go through all of your fuses and make sure they are good and that the values are correct (i.e, a slot that is supposed to have a 15 amp fuse doesn't have a 20 amp fuse in it). The first thing that comes to mind in this situation is that you might have an ECM or BCM that might have fried a connection or a wire. What did you find for codes? Did it do it again?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts