Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
NONE
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is actually cadi509's engine bay, but mine is the same. I've put an orange circle around the electrical connector because I would probably improperly identify it :D

When I replaced my plugs last week, I could not remove the blue safety pin/clip, so I just cut it off. Is it really necessary to have a safety clip on this connection?

·
Registered
2000 STS, W/Nav
562 Posts
well if its what i think it is, make sure that its secured in place the reason they are there is so it does not come loose while driving and its important, so 3 options; 1 leave it i'm sure its fine, or 2 tape it with electrical tape (i wouldn't recommend.. its a Cadillac), or 3 maybe fasten a zip tie of some sort to hold it in place.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
70,723 Posts
That's the connector for the rear exhaust manifold O2 sensor - B1S1 - all you needed to do was pull the blue pin from the hole in the connector spring clip: just like a hand grenade pin.

·
Registered
2006 STS V Tango int
2,341 Posts
Your picture stealing....lol jk, but I bet you could use any small black plastic item to take the place of that pin, go down to the hardware store and do some looking

·
Registered
NONE
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Unfortunately, I don't have much experience with hand grenades, so I wasn't sure how it came off :)

A zip tie sounds like a good idea. Then I can just cut it off each time I need to remove it, which probably won't be until I next do the plugs :D

If I remember correctly, it's not really snug on there, is it? (Someone go check :D) I remember the connection itself being very secure.

·
Registered
2006 STS V Tango int
2,341 Posts
I would check but its raining like a SOB over here, and I had a little too much crown royal last night lol, but I've checked that connector before and it is pretty snug I think you can get away without it

·
Registered
NONE
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I put a small zip tie in there. Problem solved :) It's not tight on there, but it will prevent the 2 parts from separating. Like I said before, the connection itself is plenty tight enough, so it won't come undone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts