Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion on what to do about my drivers side window that had an intermitant problem going up and down. Yesterday before heavy rain I rolled down my window to put my security card in the card reader and then it stayed down. I took off the door pannel and tried to jump the window up but it just stays there. Any suggestions...?

Thanks,

George

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Its probably the motor and or regulator!

Welcome to the forums.... Thanks for siging up :wave:

·
Registered
'06 DTS Performance
204 Posts
This just happened to me Monday!

I'd left my car parked and unused for two days. When I
started it, the driver's window would NOT go down. I tried
and retried many times over then next 15-20 mins of driving
but nada, nothing!

I tried it one last time before parking it again; nothing.

I parked it then went back about 3 hours later and it
worked again! :) ... and continues to work.

Sometimes I think the electronics just get a bit confused.

..rickko..

T

·
0 Posts
Window getting stuck all the way down happens to me all the time, I've learned not to put the window down all the way, the problem, is more then likely the motor

·
Registered
22 Posts
TimPic said:
Window getting stuck all the way down happens to me all the time, I've learned not to put the window down all the way, the problem, is more then likely the motor
I do the same thing with my 84 Eldorado. Some where on the internet I saw a GM bulliten about a flaw with the drivers side window At the time I ignored it because I did not experience the problem. I will search for it again and maybe someone else can as well.

Great forum here!

84ELDO

·
Registered
1996 STS
141 Posts
If it goes down and eventually goes back up; it is not the motor. The motor either works or it doesn't. I would try to clean the contacts with a good contact cleaning solution found at any electronic store first. They get dirty over time and don't always function properly. Good luck! dv..

ghyatt said:
I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion on what to do about my drivers side window that had an intermitant problem going up and down. Yesterday before heavy rain I rolled down my window to put my security card in the card reader and then it stayed down. I took off the door pannel and tried to jump the window up but it just stays there. Any suggestions...?

Thanks,

George

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sounds like you got a bad window motor, usually when they go down and won't go back up it.s a bad motor, becareful trying to jump the motor because there's a danger of damaging the onboard computer. I work for a Auto Glass Company and usually we will use a 12 volt cordless drill battery to try and work the motors. The other possibilty it the window switch, the driver's side works off of the master and it could be bad, you can sometimes check with a tester as long as its not a printed board type of switch. You can contact me at [email protected] with direct questions and I'll ask one of my mechanics for you if that will help.

ghyatt said:

Thanks,

George

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Please be sure to post any of this relavent information here on the forum to help out other people!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had that problem in my 84 Eldo. I took the motor apart and found that the grease over the years runs down into the brushes. I cleaned it out and it runs great. Also had to adjust the lower stop as the window would go to far down and cause the motor to bind.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts