Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,987 Posts
That thing would fall under the same category as the "Tornado" and the fuel line magnets.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,121 Posts
:thepan: Back in the Dark Ages, P.T. Barnum immortalized "There's a sucker born every minute." Will they give you a personal written guarantee that the machinery will do as advertised? If not, you're in roughly the same position as I am (re: aftermarket MAF), "You bought it, and we set the hook, fish."

·
Registered
Cadillac
40 Posts
it's a uhm.... it's a motor for a dust collector, bud. The only thing this will do is impede the airflow, not improve it.

·
Registered
90 Eldo -SOLD-, 98 ETC -SOLD-, 86 XR4Ti Track Car, 07 Ranger
963 Posts
Come on cut him some slack, he's new...

Read my mega sticky post on 'performance mods' to get an idea what it'll take, if you wanna go cheap, don't care about lifting your heads/threading your head bolts and melting your pistons try a dry N20 kit, will give you real power and is still cheap ( a few hundred) but like I said your engine is going to die and you may as well start saving the hundreds to a few thousand for a used/rebuilt Northstar...

·
Registered
The Northstar Tuner
2,759 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Eldorado, 2003 Audi RS6
1,320 Posts

·
Registered
The Northstar Tuner
2,759 Posts
That is a different device, performing a different function, installed in a different manner. It adds the air in a different place, and does not aid combustion.

It aids in combustion in the Exhaust manifold

·
Registered
05 CTS-V
23,162 Posts

Read my mega sticky post on 'performance mods' to get an idea what it'll take,
part of the reason people can be harsh on newbies is the recurring theme of them not reading stickies or searching. your mega post was nicely done, but when ignored along with the search button....makes users angry.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,987 Posts
I didn't think anyone was unduly hard on him. I certainly did not intend to be. Hope I didn't come across that way.

·
Registered
90 Eldo -SOLD-, 98 ETC -SOLD-, 86 XR4Ti Track Car, 07 Ranger
963 Posts
actually i figured the flames were about to start and I wanted to help quench it before we had a full on forum fire :)

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,121 Posts
:confused::confused::confused: AJ......As a GM Tech, I certainly hope you understand the design and physiological differences between a supercharger/turbocharger and an A.I.R. pump for emissions control. Chill out, man....you're over the edge.

·
Registered
1999 STS - diamond white
5,229 Posts
:confused::confused::confused: AJ......As a GM Tech, I certainly hope you understand the design and physiological differences between a supercharger/turbocharger and an A.I.R. pump for emissions control. Chill out, man....you're over the edge.
I agree with the point you are trying to make. I'm sure you understand the difference between "physiological"; relating to processes in the body, and "physical"; the properties of matter and energy and their interactions.
Couldn't resist :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts