Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Merry Christmas to everyone from Mr & Mrs Leroy, down under in Australia. Can anyone advise where I might find an electric seat switch assembly for door arm rest for my 79 Eldo. Toggle has broken off forward and reverse switch. I think I should replace whole thing if I can get one. :helpless: Thanking you all. Leroy

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Warren for your reply. I have sent them an email so we shall just wait and see what happens. Thanks again I have saved them to my favorites for future references. Leroy:)

·
Registered
1926 Model T street rod, 2000 Jaguar XJ8, 1999 Corvette.
6,737 Posts
I believe the same switch is used on the Olds Toronado as well. Also the Buick riviera

·
Registered
85 Eldo Biarritz
808 Posts
Yes, that is correct (at least for my 84 and 85 Eldo). But beware, there were 2 different types of power seats. Each used different switch. One seat used 3 separate motors and i think the other type had a single motor with several clutches.

Peteski

·
Registered
'80 Eldorado, '78 Eldorado
150 Posts
Goto Hemmings Motor News And Look In The Cadillac Parts Section. Hemminngs Motor New Is The "bible" For Car Parts. Also Checkout Arc Vintage Cadillac Parts Tele: 816-942-7900 Ask F/john Tell Him Dave W/the Eldorado Frm. Brooklyn, New York Sent Ya.

·
Registered
1978 Seville, 1979 Seville, 1979 Seville diesel, 1980 Eldo
142 Posts
You know, this board sux. There is supposed to be an _ between FRANK and RUTH and JOHNSTON. This program wipes them out. The entire addy is NOT underscored.

FRANK

·
Registered
2001 ETC Sequoia
878 Posts
FRANKO said:
You know, this board sux. There is supposed to be an _ between FRANK and RUTH and JOHNSTON. This program wipes them out. The entire addy is NOT underscored.

FRANK
Anything recognized as an address automatically becomes underscored in its entirety. Any mail sent to that address WILL arrive correctly.

To verify, right click on "[email protected]" in post #8 and then, in the drop down, click on "Properties." You'll see the address as it was entered.

Regards,
Warren

·
Registered
85 Eldo Biarritz
808 Posts
FRANKO said:

FRANK
Relax Frank,
my browser shows you addy with underscores as you describe and then the entire address is again underscored (a bit lower). That is because the eamil addy is shown as a link (you can click on it).

Everything is ok.
Besides, the "link underscoring" is an option you set in your browser setting. You can disable that if you find it annoying.

:D
Peteski

·
Registered
1978 Seville, 1979 Seville, 1979 Seville diesel, 1980 Eldo
142 Posts
Gentlemen...thank you very much! Just looks wrong completely underlined.
Alternatively, if one does not right click, just copies the link as underlined...would it work then?

FRANKO
kc

·
Registered
85 Eldo Biarritz
808 Posts
This is getting way of topic...
I don't use a Windoze machine, so I don't know how it will copy/paste for majority of users here. But I suspect that it'll work properly (as it works ok for me). Only the spaces in your email address will be underlined (as they are supposed to be).

Like I said, underlining active links is something the browser itself shows. It doesn't actually change the text - it just draws a long line under the entire link. It is separate from the actual text.

My browser shows the underlines in your email addy and then the entire email address is underlined again a bit lower. You can clearly see that there are separate underlines in your email address.

Peteski

·
Registered
2001 ETC Sequoia
878 Posts
FRANKO said:
Gentlemen...thank you very much! Just looks wrong completely underlined.
Alternatively, if one does not right click, just copies the link as underlined...would it work then?
Yup. Right-clicking is *not* required. Right-clicking is simply a way for someone to view the original address absent the underscores.

One need only "click" on it and go.

Regards,
Warren

P.S. Yeah, takes some getting used to . . . .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts