Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Eldorado ETC
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a set of tires for my 1998 Eldorado ETC. The size on the car now are 225 60 16. Can I go up on the size or stay with what I have. I don't know if this will effect the computer. I also need the recommended brand of tires and speed rate. I like the Goodyear Assurance Tire. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I would not change from the stock wheels...those are caddy wheels man! There lite weight too! I have the new triple treads on my 92 eldo. Love them! They work really well in snow and water....Quiet...perfect really. The ride is stiffer from the h rated Triple Threads so stick with the 16" rims...taller rim will take even more of the ride away. If you live where it does not snow I would go with the 80,000 mile Assurance tire, they are better riding and even more quiet than the Triple threads. I will say they changed the way my car drives I really like them.
Guy

·
Registered
94 ETC,97 STS
3,531 Posts
Look at tirerack.com

Most of their tires have a spec link that gives width/diameter. That way you could compare and see what sizes are about the same diameter.

·
Registered
1996 Seville SLS
40 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Be careful with the tire sizes. A 235 60R16 is almost 1/2" taller than a 225 60R16, and it will likely affect the speedo. The first number is the width of the tire in millimeters. The second number (aspect ratio) is the sidewall height as a percentage of the width. Changing either number will change the height. For example, a 245 55R16 is about the same height as your stock tires. Hope this helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts