Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Eldorado ESC
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone I am new to the forum. I just bought a 2000 Eldorado ESC. My question is, the car came with the stock Cadillac tape player and I was wondering if I bought the Bose cd player will this work in my car, even if the car is a non Bose car? Thanks for your help,
Thoomas

·
Registered
02 Seville, 04 SRX (sold), 96 Eldorado (sold), 99 DeVille (sold)
1,369 Posts
No it will not. You do have the option to purchase aftermarket radios but that can also be a hassle.

·
Registered
1926 Model T street rod, 2000 Jaguar XJ8, 1999 Corvette.
6,738 Posts
The BOSE radios had no amp within them. They will plug in but you will have no sound. BOSE either had amps in each speaker or a seperate one in the trunk.

·
Registered
2000 Eldorado ESC
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info guys...What are the problems with putting an aftermarket stereo in? I looked online and found the dash kit for it and also some kind of $160 dollar adaptor needed and also another adaptor for the steering wheel controls to work, and also an antenna adaptor. Is all of this stuff needed?

·
Registered
1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")
6,405 Posts
You might run into more problems that you are ready to handle with the aftermarket stuff. Some did-it with success some have horrible stories (alarm and such). I personally wouldn’t go aftermarket NO MATTER WHAT.
YES you can retrofit a BOSE (that is the BEST solution) but is not easy. I did-it in my car, here are the details.

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
If you put in an aftermarket system, the safest way to go about it is to relocate the factory radio to the trunk and LEAVE it connected to some key data leads (yes that means running wires all the way back there). The stock radio is part of the data chain and thus, causes problems if entirely removed.

·
Banned
2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant
15,987 Posts
difficult to so any real mod on that beast
upgrade the unit to aftermarket, since you lack bose its worlds easier

·
Registered
1992 eldorado. 2007 dodge magnum hemi r/t
3,013 Posts
If you put in an aftermarket system, the safest way to go about it is to relocate the factory radio to the trunk and LEAVE it connected to some key data leads (yes that means running wires all the way back there). The stock radio is part of the data chain and thus, causes problems if entirely removed.
When my 92 eldo. bose gold system started going hay wire,I removed the system and put in a new aftermarket system with a dash board adaptor
for the a/m-f/m/ disc player,I replaced the whole system,I ran new wire and put in new speakers,it worked fine and did not affect anything else,I
also had to run a new antenna lead from new radio to existing antenna.

·
Registered
1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")
6,405 Posts
'92-'95 OBDI and '96-up (ok, ok '96 is a transition year so '97 and up) are OBDII. So it is a little different story…

·
Registered
94 Eldorado, and a 99 ETC
3,887 Posts
In my 94 eldo base model, I swapped the tape player with a Bose cd/tape player from a 94 STS it worked perfectly fine. However if I were to swap the radio modules in the trunk, that would be a different story. I'm not sure how different the 2000 is, but if it were like my 94 it should work.

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
When my 92 eldo. bose gold system started going hay wire,I removed the system and put in a new aftermarket system with a dash board adaptor
for the a/m-f/m/ disc player,I replaced the whole system,I ran new wire and put in new speakers,it worked fine and did not affect anything else,I
also had to run a new antenna lead from new radio to existing antenna.
Krashed989 said:
In my 94 eldo base model, I swapped the tape player with a Bose cd/tape player from a 94 STS it worked perfectly fine. However if I were to swap the radio modules in the trunk, that would be a different story. I'm not sure how different the 2000 is, but if it were like my 94 it should work.
As N*Caddy said, '92-'95 and '96+ are an ENTIRELY different ball of whacks. You can pretty much do whatever you want to the '92 to '95 cars without having an effect on other vehicle systems. As the year increases, so too does the complexity, including Class 2 data moving throughout the car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts