Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of buying a Eldorado ETC or a Mark VIII LSC . Both are 98 I would like to know which one is better. I know the Eldorado has a 4.6 300 hp motor an the Mark VIII has a 4.6 290 hp motor an that it has HID lights. An which is faster. Thank You

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
pacman said:
I am thinking of buying a Eldorado ETC or a Mark VIII LSC . Both are 98 I would like to know which one is better. I know the Eldorado has a 4.6 300 hp motor an the Mark VIII has a 4.6 290 hp motor an that it has HID lights. An which is faster. Thank You
I went through the same thing that you are going through but with the year being a 92

I would go with the caddy. just b/c of style and looks. they are roughly about the same speed. I know the mark VIII is a little more nimble in cornering but that's about it.

·
Registered
1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe
1,576 Posts
The Linc. is RWD where as the Eldo is FWD. If you plan to mod the car then I say go with the Mark VIII. There is more out there for the 4.6 V8 DOHC since it's in the Mustang Cobra and they got a good aftermarket following.

·
Registered
586 Posts
i love my eldo. but if i were to do it again Id get a mark viii LSC.

i like rwd better. its got more aftermarket, it lowers an inch at 50 mph, and its got HID. oh yeah, and the LSC has true dual exaust. :worship:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts