Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
02 ESC
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,My 02 Eldorado esc's door panels (or cards as I've heard them called) have pulled loose from the door.The plastic screw anchors have broken from the door but,are still attached to the leather covered panel.I know this is a common issue..Is there a fix for this without taking the panel off? I do not want to put a screw through the panel into it as I have seen done...Thanks

·
Registered
02 ESC
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for replies...Why are there big circles all over the page??

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
67,936 Posts
Must be something your browser is inserting. No circles here - and there was a similar incident last month or so - look in the Community Help forum for the thread(s).

Still using Internet Explorer? Try Chrome or Firefox.

·
Registered
02 ESC
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep,that did it..Explorer had the big circles. On chrome no problema...BTW,can epoxy be used to repair plastic door panel pins?

·
Registered
2013 CTS Luxury, 1998 Eldorado ETC Crimson Pearl
552 Posts
Agreed.
I took mine off and repaired the broken plastic hooks with small metal L brackets which hold them on nicely.
The panel is secured with 2 screws (1 under the power window/mirror panel and the other one under the end of the map pouch at the end of the door. You gently pop the pouch open that's held by a clip to expose the screw. it.
Once the screws are out, you just lift the panel upward off of the door.
I posted pictures and info of the repair. #15 in the thread.
The clips are located across the bottom of the door and and a couple toward the top near the end of the panel which were all broken.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts