Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1996 cadillac eldorado on my way home from work i seen the engone getting hotter then it got to hot and engine protection was turning on so i shut down the car and opened the hood i sene no sign of leak on the top so look under te car i see on the passanger side behind the wheel it all poured out have any ideas if a hose broke or what could of caused this i need to get this fixed as soon as possible i rather fix it my self if i know the problems an ideas please reply

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,973 Posts
Check the surge tank. They have been known to crack. I think the '96 is about where you said the leak was.

·
Super Moderator
86,973 Posts
I think it is the passenger side wheel house on the '96.

·
Super Moderator
86,973 Posts
Yes. the overflow line is connected to the surge tank as well as the purge line. It is where you put the coolant.

·
Registered
Cadillac
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
everything looks ok but how can i test it to see if its that tank any things i can do to test it?

·
Super Moderator
86,973 Posts
Have the system pressurized. Watch for leaks while idling. Look for signes of dried Dex-Cool (whitish residue).

·
Registered
Cadillac
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ranger i did the pressure test i found out so far its not a leak the tank is fine no cracks and the pressure test and no sign fo any leacks so its not a leack i also found out that where i tought it was leaking from it was the overflow line thwe enginge wa getting hot and ti was spilling on the overflow line after it over heated i put 2 gallows in the tank and 1 gallon in the thermostat what do you think is causing it to overheat and flip from the overlow line

·
Registered
1996 Deville (sold), 2000 Mustang GT
1,300 Posts
Yup, get the exhaust gas test done, like ranger said, it sounds very much like a blown headgasket.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts