Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
cadillac eldorado tc 1994
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys ,
about 1 week ago I start my eldo and the idle runs up and down.When I switch in DRIVE position he stalled if I push the brake for long time.
Sorry for my English,but I live in Germany.My trouble codes are

P032 (E032) ................................................. Open MAP Sensor Signal history
P071 (E071) ................................................ Intermittent MAP Signal history
P080 (E080) ....................................................... Fuel System Rich current

In my service manuell Volume 1 Powertrain Trouble code PO80 is declared like PO80.........TP Sensor/Idle learn not complete current.
PCM turns on "Service Engine soon"
I try a couple of times the TP learn procedure but I had no success.Running the procedure the Idle is rough and stumbling.
Hope somebody have a solution and can help........Thanks

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,273 Posts
hi guys ,
about 1 week ago I start my eldo and the idle runs up and down.When I switch in DRIVE position he stalled if I push the brake for long time.
Sorry for my English,but I live in Germany.My trouble codes are
P032 (E032) ................................................. Open MAP Sensor Signal history
P071 (E071) ................................................ Intermittent MAP Signal history
P080 (E080) ....................................................... Fuel System Rich current

In my service manuell Volume 1 Powertrain Trouble code PO80 is declared like PO80.........TP Sensor/Idle learn not complete current.
PCM turns on "Service Engine soon"
I try a couple of times the TP learn procedure but I had no success.Running the procedure the Idle is rough and stumbling.
Hope somebody have a solution and can help........Thanks
======================
check for a leaking FPR - Fuel Pressure Regulator -

next would be a stuck/leaking fuel injector -

also check fuel pressure at the fuel rail -

·
Registered
cadillac eldorado tc 1994
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I checked everything about fuel but I found nothing wrong.Then I ordered a MAP sensor from a 95 cadillac and replaced it.Wow,the engine sounds fine again.On display was shown the message"Service engine soon".I only had to learn
the manifold again and the code PO80 become history.Then I deleted it by diagnostic system check and everthing went fine.Thank you all for you help an specially to RANGER.
He had the right Idea.I didn t ride the caddy for 2 1/2 months but tonight I made 200 miles and I felt great because everything works fine.It s a great car,I love it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts