Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Chevrolet Caprice 5.0 305 cui '86
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,
I do not abandon the idea of Am V8 and still looking for some. Frankly saying you are the most credible source of knowledge as for Cadillacs.

http://olx.pl/oferta/samochod-osobowy-cadillac-eldorado-CID5-ID985Yr.html#b144bf4259

Sorry, The pictures are of poor quality.

Would mind saying something more about the engine, transmission which uses this ELDORADO '79 - ENGINE 5.7. as I have determined.
Typical weak points - body, engine, transmission - of that model as well.

The owner says that the engine is powered by Full Gasoline Injection system. - Is it possible concerning that it is from the late 70's ?

As he admitted: electricity works, engine starts, the vehicle rides. Needs some paint works. HV cables and spark plugs are replaced by new ones, by him.
It was imported from The Netherlands - do not consider the plates.

If time allows we are going to see it - approx. 200 km from my place.

Your opinions are highly welcome.

Thank you.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,260 Posts
Hello,
I do not abandon the idea of Am V8 and still looking for some. Frankly saying you are the most credible source of knowledge as for Cadillacs.

http://olx.pl/oferta/samochod-osobowy-cadillac-eldorado-CID5-ID985Yr.html#b144bf4259

Sorry, The pictures are of poor quality.

Would mind saying something more about the engine, transmission which uses this ELDORADO '79 - ENGINE 5.7. as I have determined.
Typical weak points - body, engine, transmission - of that model as well.

The owner says that the engine is powered by Full Gasoline Injection system. - Is it possible concerning that it is from the late 70's ?

As he admitted: electricity works, engine starts, the vehicle rides. Needs some paint works. HV cables and spark plugs are replaced by new ones, by him.
It was imported from The Netherlands - do not consider the plates.

If time allows we are going to see it - approx. 200 km from my place.

Your opinions are highly welcome.

Thank you.
==============================
if the engine is the 5.7 gasoline motor -
it is actually an Oldsmobile motor -
MUCH better than the diesel or HT4100 or Buick V6 motor options -

·
Registered
Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS
13,792 Posts
It is possible that his car's engine is fuel injected. From 1976 through 1979 the Cadillac Seville used the same engine in fuel injected form as its standard and only engine offered. I believe that this same set was used in the '79 Eldorado.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts