Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
eldorado 1976
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 1976 Eldorado convertible. It has just 9000 miles on it.
There are some electrical problems: Although the fuses and the bulbs are OK, the reverse lights, the power seats, the clock and the suspension compressor do not work. Does anybody have a clue?

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,288 Posts
Re: eldorado 1976

There are some electrical problems: Although the fuses and the bulbs are OK, the reverse lights, the power seats, the clock and the suspension compressor do not work. Does anybody have a clue?
--------------------------
if you plan on working on the car yourself -
I recommend you get the FSM - Factory Service Manual -
I found one for $48 - with shipping on ebay -
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1976-Cadillac-Eldorado-Deville-Fleetwood-Factory-Shop-Service-Manual-/251972202804?hash=item3aaab6b134&vxp=mtr

·
Registered
Eldorado
448 Posts

There are some electrical problems: Although the fuses and the bulbs are OK, the reverse lights, the power
seats, the clock and the suspension compressor do not work. Does anybody have a clue?
Does it have fuel injection? Bruce Roe

·
Registered
1926 Model T street rod, 2000 Jaguar XJ8, 1999 Corvette.
6,737 Posts

I presume you put a test light on either side of all the fuses and they all powered on the test light? Key on, car off. The power seat is powered thru a circuit breaker in the fuse box. Gut feeling?? Rodent damage! They love to chew thru car wiring insulation. And yes, get a factory service manual even if you do not know how to work on a car! Your chosen mechanic will need it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts