Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(No that's not what I think of the car!)
Where in the heck do you put the trash in these cars??!! Can anyone point me in the direction of some bags/panels/pockets that can be put somewhere up front to store things? The center armrest has terrible cupholders and storage for about 2 CDs (they have to be turned the right way) if you're willing to excavate all the way to its bottom. My wife can't put her purse anywhere; there's no place to put a box of kleenex...kind of pathetic that Caddy made this car you could drive in for 14 straight hours but god forbid you need a place to throw out your Slim Jim wrapper. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
RLLOVETT said:
(No that's not what I think of the car!)
Where in the heck do you put the trash in these cars??!! Can anyone point me in the direction of some bags/panels/pockets that can be put somewhere up front to store things? The center armrest has terrible cupholders and storage for about 2 CDs (they have to be turned the right way) if you're willing to excavate all the way to its bottom. My wife can't put her purse anywhere; there's no place to put a box of kleenex...kind of pathetic that Caddy made this car you could drive in for 14 straight hours but god forbid you need a place to throw out your Slim Jim wrapper. Thanks in advance!
Thats actually a common complaint in sevilles and eldos. Best thing you can do is use a paperbag or plastic bag for trash and keep it in the back seat. It is annoying to not have a good place to put trash and I was forced to the bag method when i recently took a roadtrip. I find my girlfriends gum wrappers all over the place, in the side sleeves etc, which is annoying. :mad:

When it comes to CD's, You can buy a sleeve to put your CDs in that is supposed to attach to an overhead visor. That works well and I recommend it.

I often times put things at my side in between the center console and me and they don't go anywhere. You have to get used to it though.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I had a '73 Eldorado and it had a garbage receptacle on the RH kick panel. My '78 Seville had one too. When I picked up the '91 Seville the receptacle was gone. My '93 Allante doesn't have one either. I bought a '98 SLS this Summer and lo and behold, the little garbage retainer is back. Maybe they got a lot of complaints.

·
Registered
14 Posts
El Dobro said:
I had a '73 Eldorado and it had a garbage receptacle on the RH kick panel. My '78 Seville had one too. When I picked up the '91 Seville the receptacle was gone. My '93 Allante doesn't have one either. I bought a '98 SLS this Summer and lo and behold, the little garbage retainer is back. Maybe they got a lot of complaints.

So what's the Allente like? I saw one on the street once so my experience is very limited. The 93 sounds interesting to me, but ????? bf

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Well, the Allante certainly isn't like an every day Caddy. I like it 'cause it is different. I have people asking me everything from is it a Mustang to is it the new XLR. I guess Cadillac didn't push it enough that people know what it is. I can also tell you that everything on it is either expensive as all hell or is discontinued. Still a nice ride though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
El Dobro