Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My ELC solenoid has gone bad and I understand that you must also change out the pump assembly along with it. Does anyone know of where to get this assembly at a better price than that of the dealership, please?

·
Registered
13 Challenger RT, 11 CTS Coupe Premium, 94 Eldorado (RIP)
1,306 Posts
What I have done is get the price of a part from gmpartsdirect and take it to the dealer parts dept and have them come down on their price. Partsdirect has excellent prices shipped, but the shipping time takes a bit longer than I prefer. The dealer can have the part for me in two days.

Just find the part on gmpartsdirect, put it in your cart, go to the checkout screen and print the screen. Call the dealer parts dept and see what they can do for you.

I just bought an ISC. Gmpartsdirect would ship for $83. Dealer wanted approximately $145. I got them to come down to $105. This price is fine considering they would have it in two days. Rockauto wanted a $101 shipped next business day, so not a bad deal.

Check you internet ordering options and see if your dealer will meet the price or come down enough.

·
Registered
1994 Fleetwood 60" Stretch; '07 Avalanche, '95 Nighthawk
3,963 Posts
Just be sure that you actually have to replace the pump itself. The pump assembly can be serviced in 2 parts: the compressor itself and the compressor head. I'm not sure where the solenoid is, though - it may be in the compressor part of the unit. The compressor lists for $440, the head lists for $140.

I always get gmpartsdirect pricing from my dealer. Sometimes he beats it, but I never do worse than gmpartsdirect total cost (part + shipping).

When mine went bad (motor seized) I bought one from a junkyard for $100 shipped (check out www.junkyarddog.com). You run the risk of ultimately having the same problem sooner with a used part vs. new, but for me it was worth it.

Jim

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I type out my parts request online at a junk yard, what "Exactly" do I type in that I'm looking to acquire?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ranger said:
I think the exhaust solenoid is in the head.
The solenoid IS in the head and not available as a separate part. On a previous post, I went through a big hoohaa on replacing it as a seperate item. I would have just used the head kit if I could have found one at the time. It seems that the pumps are pretty tough and unless you actually slug some water into them, they stay together pretty well.
The solenoids seem susceptible to moisture damage, shorting out or rusting the center stem into the body.

·
Registered
1994 Fleetwood 60" Stretch; '07 Avalanche, '95 Nighthawk
3,963 Posts
The P/N for the head kit is 12494810. GMPARTSDIRECT has it for $85. The pump is 12494809 which they have for $251.

On junkyarddog.com I would ask for a 'load leveling compressor'.

Jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts