Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, the problem is when i put my key in the iginition and turn it ( to the point where its not started) and even when it is started, a rattling noise from the back occurs and goes away randomly...can someone please help me fix this problem...i checked it out with a friend ( krashed) and its the ELC compressor! is their any way to stop the noise? thanks in advance

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also another question if anyway could answer! im thinking about changing my front struts, i want to go with the passive system ( most likely strut masters or arnott) whats the average price it will cost a mechanic to change the front struts?

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Fixing the noise may be easy or may be hard. It all depends on what the actual problem is. The compressor is mounted in a metal frame with rubber mounts. It could be as simple as replacing or adjusting a rubber mount. Unfortunately, it could be as tough as replacing the compressor itself if the noise is an "internal" one. A little more investigation is required here.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, the only thing i could tell you for now is that it makes a noise for a quick 10-25 seconds, then goes away, then comes back! i will check later tonight to give the symtoms! any other info guys?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i can go to like a junk yard and buy the compressor? online? some other place you might know?

is it an easy replacement? like is it hard to replace?

thanks for everything man, your the best

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i will do myself! thanks alot mate, cheers for you, happy new year mate! and happy holidays:histeric::histeric::histeric::histeric::histeric::histeric:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts