Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drop is done, used FE3 shocks, MightyMouse rear shock spacers thanks to the V guys who have been running these for 2 years and no issues i have faith in the design, and Eibach Pro Kit.
we measured it at about a 1.5" drop all around, but i have to double check with Gaetano, also we all know they will sag a little more after i actually get to drive this thing.
so here she is...man i hate these rims......

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL tx those tires arent even road worthy, they are only used for storage.
3 have nails in the tires, all 4 leak, 2 have wires coming out the sidewalls from broken belts and all have tread worn below the safety min requirement wear bar.
no i dont drive on these and only did when i first got the car.

im gettin my rims on this weekend and probably putting insurance back on her friday ish so i can go for a spin, but i gotta check the weather reports to make sure there is no call for snow.

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well these 17s have been bugging me sooo much, so the 20z are goin on tonight.
my buddy is comin over to slap them on for me.
More pics to come tomorrow!!

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
can someone that is on FE3 with stock suspension and stock 17s with stock tires do me a favor and measure the rear wheel well fender to the ground and the front?
i cant remember what it was at before....i want to figure out exactly how much i dropped.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac Cts
58 Posts
nice

i have an 03 cts .....

my shocks are making noise everytime i go on bumps....

and i want to change my shocks. and spring ..

any idea what brand to go to ...to get a little bit lower??

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nice

i have an 03 cts .....

my shocks are making noise everytime i go on bumps....

and i want to change my shocks. and spring ..

any idea what brand to go to ...to get a little bit lower??
the only thing i have experience with on the cts is my current setup.

if you are going to get shocks and springs it may be cheaper to just find a coilover setup, but they drop it really low, i think even the tallest setting is what mine is at now.
if i replace my shocks(which i dont think i am because they looked mint and so far seem to be working fine) i will be getting a used CTS-V FE4 or FG5 shocks

that noise may not be your shocks, check all other suspension components.

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok, i feel a little better....i have my 20z back on!!
i think im going to add a bigger spacer in the rear to bring it down half inch or so more, but im gonna wait to see how they settle.
for a comparison..
stock:

eibachs:

stock:

eibachs:

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
nope not rolled, my rims offset looks to be in enough so i wont have to...but ill probably get them done anyway just in case.
the back isnt looking as low as i would like, i measured it before and after so i know it is over a inch lower in the rear, but i think i want it more.
so im going to get longer bolts and sleeves for the spacers, good thing is its easy to drop it more than i have it....im kinda curious if my bump stops are too tall and keeping it up..maybe i should check that too.

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
4,969 Posts
i agree on the rear not looking noticably lower then the front. You changed just the springs or springs and shocks? might be due to load leveling shocks? FE3s load level?

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
if you see the 2nd last pic in my first post i have the strut spacers installed which counter acts the load leveling. basically it moves the top of them higher so it thinks the car is still sitting in the same spot. its called the mighty mouse mod, from the V section. its basically a strut relocation kit.
i just changed the springs and did the MM mod.

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
more PICS!!! (daytime...little better)

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've thought about it, but I'm not liking the idea of drilling into my trunk and not sure if I like mine better with or without it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts