Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V COUPE
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Eibach springs are out for 11 v-cpe ($320) but only drops 0.9 and 1.1.

Waited a long time for Eibach to release these but now im hesitating about buying them due to the weak drop.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2011 GTR
1,026 Posts
Cut a quarter or a half coil... it's what i did on my D3 springs. Looks and drives great. Also, the springs can be had for about $250 bucks...

Mark

·
Registered
CTS-V
533 Posts
Mark...
I was told that cutting your springs will be an issue with them going back and fitting in there right.
Also if you measure from the ground up while your car is sitting, the right side won't match the height of the left side.
I tried a bunch of ways of doing that with the V2 and my STS V, and would never do it again.

·
Banned
2009 CTS-V, 2007 Z06
2,843 Posts
like others have said, an inch is a lot in these cars... Not sure I'd wanna do anymore... an inch would eliminate the wheel gap. Would look Sick I think.

·
Registered
2011 GTR
1,026 Posts
Mark...
I was told that cutting your springs will be an issue with them going back and fitting in there right.
Also if you measure from the ground up while your car is sitting, the right side won't match the height of the left side.
I tried a bunch of ways of doing that with the V2 and my STS V, and would never do it again.
I cut 1/4 coil off my D3 springs. from the top section where the coils are dead (no motion). No issues at all. The springs go back in fine and no fitment issues. you just have to twist the spring perch on the strut to line up correctly (not a big deal).
Why is it that the left won't match the right? Is that in normal configuration, after using springs, or after cutting springs (stock or aftermarket)? If the same amount was cut, I'm confused but would like to learn. to the eye it looks normal, but I did measure a month ago, and there is 1/8" difference between the 2 sides. Intersting you brought this up. But I had the same issue on my Z06 when I cut the lowering bolt bushings and screwed them in all the way.

Mark

·
Banned
09' CTS-V
1,023 Posts
I cut 1/4 coil off my D3 springs. from the top section where the coils are dead (no motion). No issues at all. The springs go back in fine and no fitment issues. you just have to twist the spring perch on the strut to line up correctly (not a big deal).
Why is it that the left won't match the right? Is that in normal configuration, after using springs, or after cutting springs (stock or aftermarket)? If the same amount was cut, I'm confused but would like to learn. to the eye it looks normal, but I did measure a month ago, and there is 1/8" difference between the 2 sides. Intersting you brought this up. But I had the same issue on my Z06 when I cut the lowering bolt bushings and screwed them in all the way.

Mark
Is it an 1/8" taller on the drivers side?

Maybe stager for driver weight if so.

·
Registered
none
12 Posts
to me the stance of the front from the factory looks perfect, its the rear only that id liketo lower, can you just lower the rears?

·
Registered
Had 2009 V, Red/Blk 2016 Now
4,186 Posts
Of course, very easily too. There's a thread entitled "Cutting Rear Springs" if you want to go that route also. If you're slow, it will take only an hour.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts