Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac CTS, 2008 Cadillac CTS
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed a signifcant increase in handling with the Eibach sway bars. More interior noise and less throaty exterior sound than I expected from the Corsa.

Attachments

·
Registered
383 Posts
how much gain did you feel with corsa? do you think i got more with my borla and is your corsa 2 inch pipes all the way? best hp and no torque loss that way rite

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
A performance exhaust for the 3.6L will be different tubing size than for the 3.2L for optimal torque and HP. Typically, the 3.2L benefits best from dual 2" pipes. The Borla has these and gives wonderful torque gains, since the stock 3.2L exhaust is a single 2.5" pipe. The stock 3.6L exhaust is dual 2" pipes (same as the Borla for the 3.2L). The Corsa on the 3.6L will produce more torque over stock. My guess is about 10-15 lb-ft. I don't think Borla advertises a system for the 3.6L (it's the same PN as the 3.2 anyhow), since it's the same size as stock (2") and would give minimal gains, due only to the mufflers.

The 3.6L exhaust will produce the most torque with 2.25" duals (like the Corsa), IMHO. The only issue I see with the Corsa exhaust in this application, is that the two 'halves' are not joined in any way, via X pipe or common resonator. It would perform much better with an X-pipe, IMHO, and be quieter. The Corsa is a good looking system for the 3.6L, but not worth the money on a 3.2L (that one keeps the single pipe back to the rear, and has a Y pipe splitting to to mufflers).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts