Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2004 3.6L v6 cts lux
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know the average price for a set of eibach springs and off hand does anyone have the part number for the 3.6 eibach springs?

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts
You can get them for 200 pretty easily. I got them off TireRack with my rims for like 220.

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
I found my set brand new on eBay two years ago for $120. A used set of FE4's set me back another $100, as did a set of used V sway bars ($100). I installed all of them in my garage with nothing more than jack stands and standard tools in a weekend.

The Eibach kit for the CTS is the same part, whether you have the 2.8, 3.2, or 3.6. The V kit has different front springs and will drop way too much to drive safely.

·
Registered
2004 3.6L v6 cts lux
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nice i got the eibachs for 140 on ebay. i also got alittle impatient and i bought the volant for 277 buy it now price.

·
Registered
2004 CTS 3.6 Black on Black
53 Posts
odysseus: how did you put the springs on with "standard tools"? You press the old springs out by hand??!?!

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
Well, I do have a Strut spring compressor. What I meant to imply is that I didn't do it on a lift or have access to pneumatic (air) tools. The spring compressor not needed to get the Eibachs back on the fronts as they're shorter than stock. The front struts come out as a unit with the springs attached. You simply unscrew a nut on the top of the strut, with a spring compressor to keep them from putting any force on it. You don't need to crank it down, though.

The rears took a lot of coaxing and swearing to get in and out. While I did it with a spring compressor, it was a royal pain to get it in and out of there.Some have dropped the whole rear cradle to unload the springs.

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS
164 Posts
when installing eibach pro-kit its it necessary to replace/upgrade the stock struts.

I Put Sport line springs on my Mustang and didn't upgrade the struts and I think it caused them to ware out very fast.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts