Cadillac Owners Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T RWD, DP, Intake, HPT, CC
2,402 Posts
...we have also engineered some 2 way adjustable, 29mm Tubular front and 19mm Solid rear bars which should be available mid June. We just finished up our internal release (last Friday) and you're good for pre-order, so support your vendors!
Good to see more ATS products. :)

Do you have any data how much stiffer the bars are than the stock bars? Do they maintain the same relative stiffness front to back as the stock bars?

Also can you provide some more info on the adjustable rear bar. Is it 3 holes with 2 adjustments (1 for oversteer and 1 for understeer bias from the center hole) or 2 holes? I couldn't tell from the website photo.

·
Registered
2013 ATS
2 Posts
It seems like doing a spring change like this would void a warranty on the suspension. Anyone know if that's true or have problems that you needed to have other components repaired?

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0T 6MT
146 Posts

I've had these springs for two years now. I love them!

P.S. those wheels are for sale. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0t
65 Posts
I've seen the PN 38163.140 listed in some ads as RWD only, but others advertising the same PN for all models
I have a 2.0t AWD that I want to lower. Does it make a difference?

Thanks

·
Registered
ATS 2.0T Luxury AWD
240 Posts
I have an AWD 2.0T and it worked just fine on mine. although I am looking for some better shocks and struts. one thing though I couldnt figure out where to put the rear bump stops they give you. I assume its for the 2WD version?

·
Registered
2015 2.0T, AWD, Premium Coupe
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I've seen the PN 38163.140 listed in some ads as RWD only, but others advertising the same PN for all models
I have a 2.0t AWD that I want to lower. Does it make a difference?

Thanks
Had them over 2 years on the RWD Sedan then moved them to my AWD Coupe last year
Works perfect on both cars
And I did use the bump stop on both

----------

I have an AWD 2.0T and it worked just fine on mine. although I am looking for some better shocks and struts. one thing though I couldnt figure out where to put the rear bump stops they give you. I assume its for the 2WD version?
OEM shock are plenty good unless your tracking
You have to remove rear shocks to install the rear stops

·
Registered
ATS 2.0T Luxury AWD
240 Posts
[/COLOR]

OEM shock are plenty good unless your tracking
You have to remove rear shocks to install the rear stops[/QUOTE]

I did remove the shocks. do the bump stops actually go on the shocks or? I guess im confused by that lol.

·
Registered
2015 2.0T, AWD, Premium Coupe
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Wow can’t beleive it’s been so long

I’m trading in my ATS for and XT4 this week so thought i’d do an update

Investors had my same set of Eibach springs on 2 cars a 2014 RWD sedan for about 18months and then move them to my Premium AWD coupe for 3 years . I have about a total of 60 000 miles on them

I’m happy to report they survived these 5 years and 4 winters and the shittiest roads you’ll see in North America without any issues.

The only caveat I would say is that this last winter was the worst with snow, freezing temperatures and potholes and I could start feeling the car getting way stiffer and some strange noises from the right rear springs/shocks which tells me they’re about to go which is not surprising if you count the total miles and environment.

So in conclusion would I recommend these absolutely without hesitation especially if you live south of the winter bel. Just remember though that the car is fairly low with them

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Wow can’t beleive it’s been so long

I’m trading in my ATS for and XT4 this week so thought i’d do an update

Investors had my same set of Eibach springs on 2 cars a 2014 RWD sedan for about 18months and then move them to my Premium AWD coupe for 3 years . I have about a total of 60 000 miles on them

I’m happy to report they survived these 5 years and 4 winters and the shittiest roads you’ll see in North America without any issues.

The only caveat I would say is that this last winter was the worst with snow, freezing temperatures and potholes and I could start feeling the car getting way stiffer and some strange noises from the right rear springs/shocks which tells me they’re about to go which is not surprising if you count the total miles and environment.

So in conclusion would I recommend these absolutely without hesitation especially if you live south of the winter bel. Just remember though that the car is fairly low with them
Specs on your wheels? See lots of wheel options for sedans, few for coupe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0T 6spd manual Performance RWD
490 Posts
^Pair them with a set of hubcentric rings. The vast majority of ATS owners I have seen who have aftermarket wheels went with 5x114.3. The PCD is literally a hair off. So many more choices and easier to sell later.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts