Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 DeVille Concours
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
quick question... does anyone know where the EGR valve is located, and whether it can be cleaned... when the code comes on P0404 i believe...

thanks!!!

·
Registered
93 Sedan Deville 4.9L
1,005 Posts
Check the tech tips section , Search for "clean egr" I have seen the thread on here before, dont have a link though. It can be cleaned, I used the instructions here to clean a similar valve on a chevy, but dont have a N* to know where its located on yours, the thread will help though

·
Registered
96 Concours, 2002 DHS, 2004 SRX
172 Posts
Located on top of engine, Drivers side rear bank. If you have had the Fuel rail recall done it is a bit tough to remove, They put the new fuel rail and nut over the top of the EGR bracket nut so you have to get the fuel rail out of the way to remove the EGR valve. My 1996 Concours was this way. Not sure if the 1997 had the new fuel rail from factory or was installed on recall. If fuel rail not in the way it is very easy to remove and clean. Since I had 130,000 miles I just replaced mine. "didn't want to fight that fuel rail again! "

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,997 Posts
The '97 did not come with a stainless steel fuel rail. It was included in the recall. Recall was '95 - '97.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts