Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 DTS/2008 awd SRX V8
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen,

Looks like i have a bad egr tube that needs replacing. Looks like the large nut on the manifold is gonna be tough to get to.
Before i tear into it, any tips on how best to remove the nut? (2006 DTS) Thanks

metalrain

·
Registered
2007 DTS
161 Posts
I did mine recently. spray it with PB blaster the night before you take it off, or even a couple days in a row. it'll smell and smoke as it burns off when you next start it, but it goes away after 2 exits on the highway. i sprayed mine the night before, and right before taking it off ran the engine to get the manifold hot and sprayed it again right before i took it off. came off without too much hassle

·
Registered
2006 DTS/2008 awd SRX V8
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got a chance to remove the EGR tube, not the easiest job but doable. Once off i looked for a crack or break and really couldn't see anything until i got some bright light on it and seen
a hairline crack on the back side of the flange on the manifold side. I've had an exhaust smell in the cabin the last month or so, you couldn't smell anything going down the road, just when your stopped at a light or idling. New parts on the way, i will update next week if the exhaust smell goes away.

·
Registered
2006 DTS/2008 awd SRX V8
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tube replaced, so far so good on the exhaust smell in the cabin being gone. Its just been a couple days driving, but no smell when at a stop or idling.

metalrain

1 - 5 of 5 Posts