Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1926 Model T street rod, 2000 Jaguar XJ8, 1999 Corvette.
6,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Egr Pipe Leak

Discovered Today That The Egr Pipe To Upper Intake Manifold Is Leaking. Appears Access Is By Removing Upper Intake? I Need Advice Re: Repair/replacement. Can Not Tell If Pipe Is Leaking Or Mounting Flange Nut Loose. Has Anyone Out There Had This Situation? Any Help Would Be Appreciated, Thanks In Advance, Bill.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I Verified The Pipe Is Cracked, Not Loose. Darn! The Pipe Is No Longer Available Thru Gm Parts. Anyone Have The Pipe? Part No. 1635704.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never Mind! Found A New One In Wisconsin. Ordered It Today.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I Had A Day Off And I Replaced The Egr Pipe To Intake Manifold. All You Other Caddy Owners Just Be Glad You Don't Have To Deal With The Allante Engine Compartment! Was Necc To Lower The Sub Frame At The Front To Gain Access To The Rear Of The Engine! Removed The Two Bolts At The Frame Front And Gently Lowered The Frame. Now I Could Get A Wrench On The Pipe. Took 3 Hrs. This Way, But I Saw No Other Recourse. The Pipe Secures To The Rear Manifoldwith A 1 1/4 Inch nut. Was Able To Move The Wrench A Quarter Turn At A Time, But Got It Off. This Pipe Meters Exhaust To The Intake Manifold Just Ahead Of The Egr Valve. Found It Thru Vintage Parts Llp. In Wisconsin!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Well, they say what does not kill you, makes you stonger :yup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts