Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Cadillac Deville 1995 Cadillac Eldorado Touring Coupe, 1970 Cadillac Eldorado,
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
95 etc 126,000 miles. Trans was overfilled by about 2 gallons and drove from Chicago to Philadelphia (about 900 mileds). Car burned and smoked oil until I eventually pulled out excess trans fluid.

Prior to trip car was getting a 400 mile range on the tank and 24-28 hwy MPG.
Is it possible that any seals in the engine were damaged after such a trip?
My fuel economy has tanked since the drip and I've been getting 200 range tanks. I disconnected the battery to see how it did from scratch and so far im at 12mpg.

Are there common places fro vacuum leaks like the throttle body gasket?
Or has all the excess fluid/ oil messed up 02 sensors? I don't have any codes pointing in that direction.

When starting the car the RPMs are jumpy but very subtly. As everything gets warmed up they are less noticeable but can sometimes feel it resting my foot evenly on the gas at times. Car doesn't terribly seem like it has a loss of power but can tell it could be better. Definitely seems like its running a little rich. New plugs and wires around 6 or 7k miles ago and new ignition coils 1000 miles ago.

Is it worth it to get an OBD 1 scanner? I know OBD2 can help you pinpoint a leak and other tests but I don't know the best way to with a 95.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts