Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have a 1967 Cadillac Hearse w/ 429 that I would like to replace the carb. The old carb could be rebuilt, but I would like to get the engine running the best I can, and at the same time dress up the engine a bit. question is:

Would this be an easy swap, and would there be much tunning. I have never replaced or adjusted a carb before, but hey, I taught myself how to replace the Starter, water pump, radiator, fan, plugs and wires, tranny lines, fuel filter. (she sat for a long time) So I am not afraid.

I was thinking about the Elelbrock #350-1405

Any Help would be great.

Thanks
Steve

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,032 Posts
For a better idea get in touch with JET Performance in California. They rebuild Q-Jets for anything, in any stage of tune. Not too expensive either.

I use them for several tunes on my Olds 455 boat engine rebuilds. Happy Camper.

www.jetchip.com and get to the carburetor tab in the home page lower left.

·
Registered
Coupe DeVille 1973
50 Posts
Hello,
I have a 1967 Cadillac Hearse w/ 429 that I would like to replace the carb. The old carb could be rebuilt, but I would like to get the engine running the best I can, and at the same time dress up the engine a bit. question is:

Would this be an easy swap, and would there be much tunning. I have never replaced or adjusted a carb before, but hey, I taught myself how to replace the Starter, water pump, radiator, fan, plugs and wires, tranny lines, fuel filter. (she sat for a long time) So I am not afraid.

I was thinking about the Elelbrock #350-1405

Any Help would be great.

Thanks
Steve
Hi, I bought my '73 472 cui with a 1407, 750 cfm Edelbrock / Performer Bridge installed.
First I thought that this wasn't my thing, but I must say it starts up right away even after longer sitting in winter, runs perfect and gives me 15,8 mpg...

And I have to mention the manual choke that goes with it. This way, I can handle the starting and warm-up by myself and I'm pretty happy with that. It takes max. one minute to push the choke all the way in and the engine snorres like a cat...

Not original, I know. But the divorced choke gives probs sometimes and the manual choke doesn't.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts