Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I took my daughter's 2004 CTS in to the dealer last week convinced that the ECM had croaked.

After a day, the dealer called me back and said, yes that's what it is. (Except he called it a PCM.) He said it was covered under warranty but that they were on national backorder and not available anywhere.

As of now, they can't give me a delivery date, an estimate or anything.

Is this true??? I don't see any reason for them to lie but it just doesn't sound right.

Thanks,

Tim

·
Registered
2006 3.6-Volant CAI, V-exhaust, LED swap, Clear DRL, 6000k
1,698 Posts
grab a news paper, the auto industry went to shit... tons of suppliers closed up shop or are dealing with bankruptcy and debt. there are supply problems with cars in production and some plants have had to be idled because of it.

·
Registered
none
2 Posts
Hi, I took my daughter's 2004 CTS in to the dealer last week convinced that the ECM had croaked.

After a day, the dealer called me back and said, yes that's what it is. (Except he called it a PCM.) He said it was covered under warranty but that they were on national backorder and not available anywhere.

As of now, they can't give me a delivery date, an estimate or anything.

Is this true??? I don't see any reason for them to lie but it just doesn't sound right.

Thanks,

Tim
Yup just about everything from Gm is on back order that's what happens when you shut down porduction for 2 1/2 months. Not only do you have a shortage of "GM" parts but all the suppliers close up shop as well that supply parts to the general. If you press the dealer the parts guy should be able to get a ball park date as to how long to get the part. They can set up a SPAC case on it which means if any other dealer in the country has it they can send it your dealer but they have to go the extra step to help you out.. :cool:

·
Registered
2007 CTS White Diamond - 1997 Deville Silver Mist
289 Posts
After a day, the dealer called me back and said, yes that's what it is. (Except he called it a PCM.)
Tim
Yes, Cadillac has called these PCM's (Powertrain Control Modules) since '91.
The PCM control a lot more systems than the older ECM (Electronic Control Modules). The PCM is truly the "brain" of your car. It communicates with all other Electronic Systems - from from Antilock Brakes to Traction Control, Air Bags, Dash Module, Climate Control, Sound System, etc. It's obvious that it's important that it's operating properly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts