Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered some embroidered floor mats from CarMotorsports.com. I thought Ebony was black, it LOOKS black...but the carpet is a lighter shade than the door panels/leather. When I put the new black floor mats in you can really see how not black the carpet is.

It's not bad, I can live with the mats. It's just that the color mismatch kind of draws attention to the mats, and as cool and really well made as they are (they are the best mats I've ever owned!) I'm wondering if I should have gone with CarMotorsports "Charcoal" color.

Anyone own or seen the Charcoal in an Ebony interior? Would I have been happier?

I know, floor mats sounds trite, but ya know, new car, want to buy little things for it and the garage...

·
Registered
04 ctsV platinum,maggied,rt cats,headers,corsa,stealth tune
4,750 Posts
Same boat here!I bought mats from usspeed,black don't match.I had a conversation with carmotor and he told me the mats I bought wouldn't match my charcoal int., he was right.I can live with mine too,but next set I'll go with the carmotor mats in charcoal!I was buying the seat belt pads from carmotor when he asked if I needed some mats too.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmm...call and talk to them first, I'm too used to Internet ordering. Sigh, I guess I can sell them on eBay and try QuickSilver.

So good tip here, call the good folks FIRST, then order custom non-refundable things...doh!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Gents,

I bought a set from US Speed in Charcoal and they look great. Plus, the guys there are great to deal with, very helpful and the logos look fantastic. I noticed that the direction the nap is brushed matters, perhaps you should vacuum them?

·
Registered
895 Posts
I'll probably go with the quicksilver from Carmotorsports. The ebony interior is not black. I like the ones from Carmotorsports because they are the only ones that sell mats with the V emblem and Rich seems to know what he is talking about.

·
Registered
855 Posts
:) Just ordered charcoal mats with the "V" logo on all four from Carmotorsports, also ordered a car cover with "V" logo on front and my name embroidered on back. Lastly ordered the shoulder seatbelts pads with "V" logo. Guess that's enough logo's for now. Rich at Carmotorsports was very helpful and also an airline pilot, so we had things in common to discuss. I'll post a review when the stuff arrives.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I think the quicksilver color we have may be the closest match to the exact color of the carpet, but I like the looks of the charcoal better. Interestingly, several customers adamantly believed the Charcoal to be the best color match to the carpet and that Quicksilver is a better match to the trunk material color.

I do know that black will definitely darker than the carpet. I personally like the charcoal best given the dark accoutrements and trim inside the car. I have an 04 GTO and the Charcoal is perfect for it and that interior is also an Ebony color (I think the official name is Anthracite).

REMEMBER......We gladly send out FREE Samples for you to decide which you like better.

Thanks,

Alan

·
Registered
153 Posts
CAR Motorsports said:
I think the quicksilver color we have may be the closest match to the exact color of the carpet, but I like the looks of the charcoal better. Interestingly, several customers adamantly believed the Charcoal to be the best color match to the carpet and that Quicksilver is a better match to the trunk material color.

I do know that black will definitely darker than the carpet. I personally like the charcoal best given the dark accoutrements and trim inside the car. I have an 04 GTO and the Charcoal is perfect for it and that interior is also an Ebony color (I think the official name is Anthracite).

REMEMBER......We gladly send out FREE Samples for you to decide which you like better.

Thanks,

Alan
Could someone who has the CAR Motorsports charcoal mats with the black interior post a few pics?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have ebony interior with the CarMotorsports BLACK floor mats and seat belt pads....very god quality and good service from CarMotorsports. I like the black mats...they look great in the car and go well with the rest of the interior...IMHO. There are several different dark color tones in the interior and I think the black mats go with the other colors just fine....again IMHO.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts