Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a 2003 Deville vin 1G6KF57933U179207 at U Pull It scrap yard, will that Electronic Brake Control Module work in my 2003 Seville SLS ?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Grabbed that ABS module junk yard style. Cut the big bundle of wires and brake lines. Loosened the two sides from the bracket and pulled the entire unit out of the Deville. $30 for both sides of the unit. Looks great. I am a little confused about the idea that the connection gets dirt and corroded. This one looks brand new inside the electrical connection, it is well waterproofed. Picture attached, hope it is good and compatible with my 03 Seville SLS.

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Part number off this module is 12218160 (03 Deville) The 03 Seville calls for a 12226956. Still wondering if it could work. Anyone know the difference between the two? Could I just plug it in and see ? What could go wrong ?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shade tree Saturday. Went to change my EBCM but the Seville was bucking. Codes said large vacuum leak. In 15 seconds with a can of carb cleaner I determined it was the Intake connector Plenum gasket, very common and I've done this before. $24 at AutoZone and 1.5 hour later and all evap codes gone no more bucking.

Onto the EBCM..... remove front drivers side wheel, remove front wheel well fascia drivers (Port Side or left), 6 torx screws easy to remove with long extension and 1/4 drive, electrical connections no problem. Pull out WTF PULL OUT, I can't pull it out. Get thin long screwdriver and a hammer pry/coax out gently. It's out. Compare Model number of ECBM from 03 Seville to Junkyard 03 DeVille ECBM, EXACT SAME MODEL NUMBER. Install junkyard EBCM. Cross fingers , start car. NO MORE BRAKE LIGHTS OR CODES!!! I break out into my happy dance. Not bad for $30 :banana:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts