Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 SLS
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Purchased an OEM radiator from Alpha Automotive, Inc. of Pulaski, WI on eBay. The ad can be found here...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8026014027&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Received yesterday. Damage to fins, and dented in two areas of the upper brace. One dented area crushed the row of fins below. Also, if you look at the upper and lower braces, there are no bolt holes to mount the fans...because half is missing. It is as if they were cut off.

Dumbfounding considering the ad and/or receipt states condition as "NEW" and "NO DAMAGE." No damages to any areas of the box. I suspect the rad was already in such a condition when shipped. Very, very disappointed. My RH tank is leaking badly and had planned on a R&R rad this weekend.

Pics of the radiator below...

·
Registered
2006 STS 1SF V8 - pearl white with tan interior
101 Posts
Dude, I hope you paid using a credit card, or paypal, so that you can get your money back with no problems. Rough deal on that, but I find, for the most part, ebay is a great place to find stuff...

Hope this works out for ya!

·
Registered
157 Posts
I'd say that is NOT the same unit that was pictured in the eBay ad. I think you got screwd and now you have a hassle on your hands, any way you look at it. Sorry man, I too have found eBay to be OK, but there are times!
lry99eldo

·
Registered
2004 SLS
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thus far, this is the only miss in almost five years with eBay. All other transactions have been hits. I'm confident this matter will be resolved in the near future.

Inspecting the item further, I discovered a production date of 2000. It is five years old. Considering it is a "new" rad, seems like a long-time to be in circulation.

·
Registered
2000 Seville STS
687 Posts
I was checking out the pics. And the 3rd one you took and the 1st one on the auction are the sale. You need to put the pics side by side and you can barley make out the dents from their picture. And from the way it looks in your picture there's no way they could have missed that. Might want to point that that out and maybe use ms paint and circle them. That way if you didnt pay for insurance they wont try blaming it on shipping. Funny thing is this guy has another one of those radiator's for sale.
Good luck

MacK

·
Registered
2004 SLS
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have been in contact with AA. They plan on sending a replacement tomorrow, and to file a damage claim with the carrier. The gentleman seems like a good Christian man. I'm confident this matter will be resolved in an equitable manner shortly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts