Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92' Eldorado, 97 Catera
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I have been searching and doing alot of digging seeing if using this charger was a possibility. It is an Eaton MP62, they make other models as well. These come stock on a variety of Pontiacs, Buicks and Oldsmobile.

This guy on YouTube over in Germany has already did it. His set-up does not look that good, or at least in my opinion but you get the idea.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViGhqPlbTw0

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lgnp3-BPUj0

I have obtained one of these chargers from the junkyard and will be trying to do something with it sometime in the next three months.

·
Registered
92' Eldorado, 97 Catera
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry not sure why I cannot get the second link to work. You can find it really quick if you type in "opel supercharged".

·
Registered
None :(
2,703 Posts
Wow thats interesting. It doesnt sound too good though. Now, Ive heard compressor surge on a turbo but havent heard it (yet) on a supercharger... however that sounds like hes got issues.

Anyways, let us know how it works out.

·
Registered
92' Eldorado, 97 Catera
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What do you mean by surge?

There is alot of room for improvement over what he was showing and probably doing.

·
Registered
97 Catera
31 Posts
if it was me id just go get a S/C and the related hardware from a S/C SAAB 9000, identical engines. just because its the only S/C you have doesnt mean you should try to rig it up to work for your car...and did you see that video and how crappy that "install" looked?..might as well just slap a "im a broke redneck" sticker on it.

·
Registered
2 1997 Cateras: black&ocean green
698 Posts
if it was me id just go get a S/C and the related hardware from a S/C SAAB 9000, identical engines. just because its the only S/C you have doesnt mean you should try to rig it up to work for your car...and did you see that video and how crappy that "install" looked?..might as well just slap a "im a broke redneck" sticker on it.
Uhhh.... I must be missing something here :hmm: A supercharged Saab? 3.0?when? The 9-5 had the light-pressure turbo on the 3.0... But they are FWD, so the setup wouldn't work. The 9000 3.0 was all naturally aspirated...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts