Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all:
Just got an 06 CTS 3.6L last week and I don't know squat (yet). What are some easy, inexpensive mods to get me started? What's a Volant CAI? Better air box? Thanks very much
Peter

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
check robertCTS' thread on the volant for sale. thats a great price and i would highly recommend it for a beginning mod. you get a throatier noise during acceleration and roughly 9-13HP increase. the job is VERY easy to install for a beginner...about 30-40 minutes depending on mechanical abilities...

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
The exhaust should be next. You can spend as little as $125 for a CTS-V exhaust or as much as $1200 for a Borla or Corsa. I hope you have a fat wallet as the Mod Disease is never ending!:D

·
Registered
413 Posts
Yeah, the Mod Disease hit me hard, but I go for outright performance first. Wheels and tires are more of a visual upgrade to me, I already have good street tires, so the wheels can wait (besides, looking stock always makes people wonder what you've really done to your car...). And like I've said before, as soon as someone puts out a programmer for the 3.2L, I'm going to be the first one to get it, imagine the power increase... :cloud9:

·
Registered
32 Posts
goldstar said:
Hi all:
Just got an 06 CTS 3.6L last week and I don't know squat (yet). What are some easy, inexpensive mods to get me started?
Best mod - add V1 radar detector and do the overhead console hardwire install

Helps keep you out of trouble with the law, the insurance company and your significant other.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everybody - I like the 18-inch polished aluminum wheels that came with her (Sports Appearance Package) and I'm having the glass tinted. I think the next thing I'll do is air intake and/or exhaust mods...
Peter

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
goldstar said:
Thanks everybody - I like the 18-inch polished aluminum wheels that came with her (Sports Appearance Package) and I'm having the glass tinted. I think the next thing I'll do is air intake and/or exhaust mods...
Peter
Since you too live in Maryland you should swing by CMS and pick up a set of the Hugger Headers. :p

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
goldstar said:
Robert-
What is "CMS" and what will hugger headers do for you?
Thanks,
Peter
Cadillac MotorSports. They have a Group Buy active right know. It ends Dec. 19th. They are Hugger Headers and high flow Cats. Here a pic. Worth about 25HP

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
For the full benefit, though, you should also install a full high flow cat-back exhaust (Corsa, Bolra, B&B, retrofit the stock V 2.5" exhaust, etc), and a cold air intake.

Start with the airbox (~200-$250) for 5 to 10 HP. High flow exhaust will get you another 15 or so, and a much better sound. Headers/high flow cats will get you another 25 or so. The marine has dyno'ed his car at 238 RWHP with all of these mods, which translates to around 300HP at the flywheel. This is 45 over stock, and he's running 20" wheels, which easily eat up 10 RWHP. I'll bet if he switched back to his stock wheels, he'd dyno closer to 250RWHP.

·
Registered
59 Posts
goldstar,
you will love it with the tint and exhaust tips. i want the volant cai or rear louvered bezel next. i like the 18 inch wheels , i have the 17 in sports package. i enjoy driving this car more and more each time i take it out of the garage, and i don't drive it everyday. it will not come out this weekend. :D :yup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts