Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Ok I am so sick with fever....I have a terrible case of I have to mod it all...

But i thought i would tap into your experiences to see the difficulty for installation of the mods...

I am lookin at installin the following

Springs
Swaybar
KARs stage 3 antihop
BMR rear tie rods and trailing arms

On on a scale of 1-10 1 being the easiest 10 the Hardest and in need of supplier support...

The playin field for me is overseas, i have no proper local talent, no supplier support due to my distance, and ITS HOTTER THEN HELL HERE...

Yesterday i was doing the fuel line for my boat in my garage, and i couldnt breathe....Imagine when i am in more confind areas...OMG i am goin to loose so much more weight...

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,987 Posts
Can only help with springs and sway bar, but these are on par with swapping out a cat back or doing a shifter install. I did my maggie with it 90 deg here with moderate humidity and a shop light that blazed down over my shoulder ... sweated like crazy.

Shade, a breeze, lots of water, and the right tools are worth a bunch. More than ANYTHING, having install instructions that don't assume things or leave stuff out is priceless.

This whole 0-10 scale stuff is hard to interpret. Really, NOTHING is very difficult if you've got good tools and good instructions. It's when you're blazing a new trail where no man hath gone before or you have to go to the hardware eighty times or you're hiding stuff from your wife or you get done and it won't start ... now, THAT'S mod hell stuff.

If you've got a digital camera, come on line here and you'll be okay. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are absolutely correct, you got the right tools, and read the instructions properly, anything is easy...

I originally sent my first hobby car to the dealership and they messed everything up..My LSX90 wasnt installed properly leadin to a shive of leaks..I did it myself and BAM Zero leaks and one FKN fast ride, well faster...

I find the worst place to work on anything is on your back...IT KILLS ME...Installed midpipes in the garage, and i couldnt feel my arms after one side...They were sort of worth it..LOUD inside, couldnt really impress the ladies...

I have most things at my finger tips, but still supplier support is key...Driveshaft almost killed me the last time, NO ONE wanted to help so i made one here, had everything perfect, but the pipe...Too soft and didnt know it till i wacked the tree...

Thats why this time i am taking percautions, and askin googles of questions...I am not starting a VAST project on a Half @$$ idea anymore...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts