Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 290 Posts

·
Registered
1991 Sedan Deville
2,932 Posts
Re: Twin Turbo 3.0 Likely Coming To Cadillac ATS

Exciting. Sounds like it'll be a good competitor to the 335.

·
Registered
2008 CTS AWD FE2 DI 304hp
746 Posts

It will be nice to see the ATS V with a V8 engine in 2014

Of course a base engine of 2.0 liter turbo 4 from the Solstice GXP would be cool too.

Just hope it has a dual clutch transmission to complete with the BMW

·
Cadillac Maniac
Cadillac Escalade
13,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

How are you so sure? Also - do you feel the ATS-V might get it? Or are they going to continue missing certain marks like they do with the power in the non-V CTS?

·
Registered
Cadillac
331 Posts

How are you so sure? Also - do you feel the ATS-V might get it? Or are they going to continue missing certain marks like they do with the power in the non-V CTS?
Check out my profile, and you'll understand why I'm so sure.

·
Cadillac Maniac
Cadillac Escalade
13,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I'll add you to my mental list of GM insiders.. I think there's a lot of push and shove going on as to what's going to happen in the end - with all their upcoming vehicles...

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,691 Posts

^ Reading comprehension fail. It's a rumor. It could be more, it could be less. Wait and see.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
366 Posts

^ Reading comprehension fail. It's a rumor. It could be more, it could be less. Wait and see.
Hardly do i fail to understand. My response was strictly to the quote of 350 HP. with M3 at 414+- HP.
Hence my response. I don't think there was any mis-comprehension at all:hmm:

·
Cadillac Maniac
Cadillac Escalade
13,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

The ATS-V is planned to have the same V8 as the CTS-V. The ATS-V will be very competitive with the M3. The twin turbo 3.0 liter engine we're talking about here is the mid-range ATS model - which is probably not even happening anymore. We'll probably get the same 3.6 liter direct injected engine in the current regular CTS.

Well certainly aint gonna beat the M3:bigroll:
Hardly do i fail to understand. My response was strictly to the quote of 350 HP. with M3 at 414+- HP.
Hence my response. I don't think there was any mis-comprehension at all:hmm:

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,691 Posts

And it isn't all about power. The ATS-V could still be a faster car with less power. It does happen (refer to Corvette Z06).

Whoa. 550hp in a smaller-than-a-CTS-V package? Mmmmmmmmm, delicious.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
366 Posts

Although I could not imagine Cadillac putting the same engine as the CTS V in the smaller ATS V. I would think at least 400 HP to compete with the M3....with all things being equal as far as power to weight. Although i seem to have read in this month's Motor Trend the 300 lb heavier, 100 HP less Porche 911 spanked the ZR1 in the 1320 :suspense: So the you are correct in saying less power doesn't necessarily mean it cant be faster.

Hmm...So what next for the XTS? a V series with a small liter high revving 600+ twin turbo, AWD, with a state of the art 7 speed dual clutch Auto that just rocks the competition and sips gas at 15/18 MPG.:yup:

·
Registered
Cadillac
331 Posts

Although I could not imagine Cadillac putting the same engine as the CTS V in the smaller ATS V. I would think at least 400 HP to compete with the M3....with all things being equal as far as power to weight. Although i seem to have read in this month's Motor Trend the 300 lb heavier, 100 HP less Porche 911 spanked the ZR1 in the 1320 :suspense: So the you are correct in saying less power doesn't necessarily mean it cant be faster.

Hmm...So what next for the XTS? a V series with a small liter high revving 600+ twin turbo, AWD, with a state of the art 7 speed dual clutch Auto that just rocks the competition and sips gas at 15/18 MPG.:yup:
GM has stated that cars will either get a V or a Platinum, but not both.

I'd expect the ATS & CTS to be the former, while the SRX, XTS and Escalade are the latter.

This was hinted at the fact the XTS concept was called XTS Platinum Concept.

·
Registered
2008 CTS AWD FE2 DI 304hp
746 Posts

I hope the ATS V offers the new GM v8 and a dual clutch transmission...

Turbo four cylinder base motor would be cool too.

Mid range v6 and the coupe, sedan, convertible, wagon should offer an interesting volume leader..

·
Registered
None
15 Posts

Cadillac needs to hit a homerun with the ATS. This cannot be some bloated, underpowered whale (see SRX). Love to see an all out effort to get weight out of this car. The German competitors are already using aluminum in suspension components and are doing a good job powering their cars for both performance and economy. If we are going to compete with the 3 series, we need to do so from the get go, not on the refresh three years later.

·
Cadillac Maniac
Cadillac Escalade
13,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

You're right but history tells us we might be a little bit behind the curve here... I have a feeling we're not going to see anything to answer the 335i. The 328i, on the other hand, I have a good feeling about.. In any event, I think Cadillac is taking a step back from trying to be BMW (everyone has tried and failed) and leaning more toward a Lexus/Mercedes type of feel. I expect a very luxurious entry-level ATS that performs competitively.. This is only opinion - but I think we'll have a Lexus IS350 at the VERY best... Even that is pushing the performance envelope.. Though the ATS-V will surely be impressive...

Cadillac needs to hit a homerun with the ATS. This cannot be some bloated, underpowered whale (see SRX). Love to see an all out effort to get weight out of this car. The German competitors are already using aluminum in suspension components and are doing a good job powering their cars for both performance and economy. If we are going to compete with the 3 series, we need to do so from the get go, not on the refresh three years later.

1 - 20 of 290 Posts