Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just out of curiousity, i was wondering who had the earliest build date on the forum...so if you have an 03, post your build date and lets see...

i think if i don't have it, ive got to be close

12/01

(for those who don't know, your build date should be on your driver side door sill or driver side rear doorsill. it's usually on the left of the sticker)

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
You got me beat. Mine is 2/02. You've definitly got one of the first ones built. What are the last four digits of your VIN? Mine shows it's the 5712th CTS. At around 40,000/year, that's about 3300/month, which puts December '01 right at the start of production. Funny, since they're all classified as '03's.

·
Registered
2014 Standard SrX grey/black 2006 GTO
1,795 Posts
I have personally seen a used '03 for sale with a 11/01 build date.
This was an executive car.
Usually they give the first couple hundred of a new model to
the executives to drive to work out any bugs before they start building the cars for the customers.
These first executive cars are sold later as used cars.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG
2,043 Posts
mines a 1/02, pretty early, especially figuring most new cars are released around the spring/summer before the model year.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
try again d-dash, my mailbox was full...had to take out the trash.

i was suprised at my build date also...being how they model the car as 03. i wonder if the digital clock on the DIC has something to do with the build date...DDS seems to be the only one who has it on his though...it's definitely a pain...

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V, 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre
1,640 Posts
TripleOught said:

i was suprised at my build date also...being how they model the car as 03. i wonder if the digital clock on the DIC has something to do with the build date...DDS seems to be the only one who has it on his though...it's definitely a pain...
Uh oh, my car's "unique" huh? Now I'll definately have to go check that date. Looking at the VIN, how do I tell where my car falls in the order of production?

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V, 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre
1,640 Posts
Ok, just had a break in class so I ran out to my car, my build date is 12/02.

·
Registered
CTS-V
159 Posts
My last 4 on my vin is 5745. Maybe my car and odysseus car were built on the same day? But I'm willing to bet my engine compartment is cleaner....

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS
34 Posts
CTS dreams,
With the 03 only having single side exhaust, when you got your dual installed, did they just cut out a mirror of the side with exhaust?

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Yup. Borla and Corsa both come with templates to place the cut properly. Once you have the lines located, cutting with a jig saw is very easy. I put masking tape on mine, laid the template on top and drew lines, cut it with a jig saw, and cleaned up the edges with a dremel. It looks completely factory, with no paint chips. Installing a Borla takes all of an hour to remove the stock system and install the new duals, even in a garage with nothing but jack stands and hand tools.

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6L, 2006 350Z, Ducati 996s
2,449 Posts
TripleOught said:
Don't all CTS's have digital clocks in the DIC?

·
Registered
270 Posts
TripleOught said:
i've navigated through tons of screens and options, but i can't, for the life of my, get a digital clock to display on my DIC...only the analog clock in the cluster...
Wow! Are you kidding? Thats really wierd, and kinda cool at the same time. What does it display instead of the clock?

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
CTSDreams said:
Here are some Photos to prove my engine is cleaner than Odie's. Oh yeah, and a rear shot also...... Not bad for 55K.....
You're cracking me up! I beginning to feel like the Pig Pen (the stinky dirty kid) on Charlie Brown!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts