Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
None
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you know, I ordered my truck in January. The built date is 3/9. I'm continuing research to see what to look for when I'm testing driving it.

Have anyone of you experience ear pressure/buffeting noises (like you need to pop your ears...it's making some people dizzy and giving headaches)? What what I read, it's affecting lots of 2015 Tahoe, Yukon, Denali,Escalade, and Suburban.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/168815-2015-yukontahoe-ear-pressure-buffeting-problem-post-here/

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/162779-2015-yukon-noise-in-cabin/

Seems like this is known issue for GM.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
the buffeting noise is probably heard because the cabin of the new escalade is so quiet compared to the previous generation. there is less flex in the new design and the wind noise is absent because the door is inside compared to the previous generation where the door is part of the cabin cover. the buffeting noise or ears popping feels like your inside a safe-good sound proofing IMO.

·
Registered
2009 Escalade ESV (sold), 2015i Escalade (sold)
26 Posts
sorry but its not because the cabin is quiet and its not wind noise. OP the search function will turn up several threads on this issue. Other forums for particular models also have threads related to this. From the GMC forum there is some indications that this is related to front and rear gears. No one here knows the cause, I have a thread about the same issue a little farther down on the first page of this forum.

·
Registered
'18 Escalade Platinum
924 Posts
Mine had this problem and supposedly the fix referenced in those threads had been applied before mine left the factory.

It is very similar to the pressure you experience on an airplane, only worse.

The second rear differential finally eliminated the problem in mine, for the most part. On certain roads, I will notice some of the buffeting noises, thankfully its just enough to notice.

·
Registered
Cadillac
132 Posts
Our 2015 i still has the sound pressure issue as well. They have replaced the shocks with a New redesigned version, but still radiates a "booming
or in a Tunnel sound" over small uneven roads. Went back into the service department today. Hoping they replace the front and rear ends, there has to be something with the rear end therory. Ours makes a strange whining sound every time the vehicle comes to a stop. Almost as though its too tight and there isn't enough free play?? Wanting to also replace the tires with softer sidewall tires. I think the overly firm sidewalls are telescoping sound and vibrations up into the cabin. This and many other non operational items.

IF your on the fence on weather or not to buy one of these.... I WOULD WAIT ! This is the worst 1st year bugs Ive ever seen, and Ive been in the car biz for 25 years now :(

PS: I've heard of these few owners with positive results with new front and rear ends. I have not seen the threads. Can someone post a link please?

12,778 Posts
Hi TOBTEK,

I’m glad to hear that you are working with your dealership toward a resolution of these concerns. I do apologize for any frustration that has been caused up to this point, and if you have any additional questions regarding the buffeting or would like to have this formally documented, please send a PM my way.

Enjoy your day,

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Premium ESV
12 Posts
Anyone know if there are any fixes for this Booming/Pressure cabin noise yet? This kinda kills my day everytime I step into my ESV!

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
wmah523 said:
Anyone know if there are any fixes for this Booming/Pressure cabin noise yet? This kinda kills my day everytime I step into my ESV!
It's because of the airtight cabin.

·
Registered
2015i Escalade ESV, Luxury, White Diamond & Shale
5 Posts
I bought a Cadillac Escalade ESV (Luxury) on 4/8. Build date was 3/9. Only minor ear pressure and booming on rough roads. Very intermittent. Much improved over December build dates. Originally ordered a Denali XL that had a build date of 3/5. When we test drove it, it was just as bad as the earlier build dates and caused extreme pressure - similar to the two vehicles I test drove in February (Cadillac ESV / Denali XL) which were built in December 2014. I have 750 miles on the ESV so far and I am pretty happy. The pressure is only occasional and is tolerable. Amazing the difference between the Denali XL and the Escalade ESV with only 5 days between build dates. Shocks feel more forgiving on the ESV. Also no exhaust flapper issue with he Escalade. Yukon XL still had the bad flapper issue.

·
Registered
None
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I bought a Cadillac Escalade ESV (Luxury) on 4/8. Build date was 3/9. Only minor ear pressure and booming on rough roads. Very intermittent. Much improved over December build dates. Originally ordered a Denali XL that had a build date of 3/5. When we test drove it, it was just as bad as the earlier build dates and caused extreme pressure - similar to the two vehicles I test drove in February (Cadillac ESV / Denali XL) which were built in December 2014. I have 750 miles on the ESV so far and I am pretty happy. The pressure is only occasional and is tolerable. Amazing the difference between the Denali XL and the Escalade ESV with only 5 days between build dates. Shocks feel more forgiving on the ESV. Also no exhaust flapper issue with he Escalade. Yukon XL still had the bad flapper issue.
We have twins! My ESV was also build on 3/9. So far, I nor my family experience any ear pressure/buffeting.

·
Registered
2015i Escalade ESV, Luxury, White Diamond & Shale
5 Posts
FirstEsv said:
We have twins! My ESV was also build on 3/9. So far, I nor my family experience any ear pressure/buffeting.
Congratulations! This is my first Cadillac and good experience so far. My three kids absolutely love it!

·
Registered
Cadillac Escalade Platinum
88 Posts
the buffeting noise is probably heard because the cabin of the new escalade is so quiet compared to the previous generation. there is less flex in the new design and the wind noise is absent because the door is inside compared to the previous generation where the door is part of the cabin cover. the buffeting noise or ears popping feels like your inside a safe-good sound proofing IMO.
BAAAA HA HA HAAAA! Sounds like the response the GM Service Advisor would give to a suffering owner. So quiet cars all have buffeting issues eh?

·
Registered
09 escalade
540 Posts
I have the vibration and buffeting problem with my escalade.
I have 1 of the first built vehicle.

Some members defend the problem like they work for Gm to undermine the issue.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
I don't work for GM nor have any GM stocks. If you guys have been to a recording soundproof room that's how it sounds like. IMO the best non-sounding SUV would be the LX570 but the design and interior is outdated.

·
Registered
None
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Congratulations! This is my first Cadillac and good experience so far. My three kids absolutely love it!
It's also my first Cadillac also. I haven't driven it much since I drive my other cars, but so far, I haven't any issues. I hope it will be that way.

·
Registered
Cadillac
132 Posts
Our Essy is back in the service dept for new transmission. New 360 cameras and software. New updated exhaust system that doesn't have the common flapper valve chirping, seat TSB, and rip the headliner out to do whatever they have done to several before to help the BOOMING sound pressure issue, which I've never heard of one where this has helped.
Will say this: the 2015 Tahoe rental I'm driving is absolutely the worst booming 2015 SUV have driven yet. It's absolutely terrible! Every little bump in the road radiates through the entire cabin and sounds like a subwoofer in your ears. I have now have driven every single 2015 SUV that GM makes. Every single one I have driven has had this problem to some degree. Some little better than others, some really bad like the new Tahoe I'm currently driving .
With all do respect to Evois. This is not because these are the quietest SUV's produced. There is a serious design flaw with these new trucks! I do agree with your comment about the Lexus LX570. I've been in the car biz for the last 25 years. Was with Lexus for the last 3. (Currently at a Toyota store) the LX is a incredible truck. But good Lord, bring the LX, Landcrusher up to date! Toyota would kill it if they redid these two trucks. The Sequia as well is completely out dated. It's pretty bad when you work for Toyota, and you pull up to work in a GM vehicle.

·
Registered
2015 Mercedes CLS63 AMG S
890 Posts
Our Essy is back in the service dept for new transmission. New 360 cameras and software. New updated exhaust system that doesn't have the common flapper valve chirping, seat TSB, and rip the headliner out to do whatever they have done to several before to help the BOOMING sound pressure issue, which I've never heard of one where this has helped.
Will say this: the 2015 Tahoe rental I'm driving is absolutely the worst booming 2015 SUV have driven yet. It's absolutely terrible! Every little bump in the road radiates through the entire cabin and sounds like a subwoofer in your ears. I have now have driven every single 2015 SUV that GM makes. Every single one I have driven has had this problem to some degree. Some little better than others, some really bad like the new Tahoe I'm currently driving .
With all do respect to Evois. This is not because these are the quietest SUV's produced. There is a serious design flaw with these new trucks! I do agree with your comment about the Lexus LX570. I've been in the car biz for the last 25 years. Was with Lexus for the last 3. (Currently at a Toyota store) the LX is a incredible truck. But good Lord, bring the LX, Landcrusher up to date! Toyota would kill it if they redid these two trucks. The Sequia as well is completely out dated. It's pretty bad when you work for Toyota, and you pull up to work in a GM vehicle.
Wait a sec, they have an updated exhaust to fix the flapper valve chirp?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts