Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
Cadillac
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good Morning!
So last night on the way home from work the long way of course. I went railing by a Mercedes E-class, I really wasn’t paying much attention just blasting my XM and enjoying my drive home. I noticed him creeping back up behind me until he was next to me. When he finally got next to me he started goosing the throttle... So, I was like ok it's on... Right as I down shifted the light ahead of us turned red. Perfect! It was just me and him at the light. I looked over he looked over, it was on. I got the jump on him at the light, and was about a half car length ahead of him. Then it was like that until we caught up to traffic. We were going about 65-70mph. Then the light ahead of us changed to red and he rolled down his window and says is that one of those New 400hp cars....lol... Then I asked him if his car was a 320 and he said no it's a 500. I'm not sure, but I think the E500 is like 300-310hp and 0 to 60 in like 6-6.5 seconds. I will probably look it up right now. After I told him my car was just the regular CTS he got a little embarrassed. When he told me it was a 500 I was shocked that it was that close I would have assumed he would have smoked me. I’m sure if we would have continued the V8 would have started to perform, but who knows........

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Sweet...I was asked the same question the other day by some guys in a SUV...they asked me if my ride was the V, I said nah..just the regular V6...Finally getting some action down there huh?Wassup with the sills?

·
Registered
CTS
1,485 Posts
My friend has an 04 E500 sport. He bought it before I got my CTS, he has like $850 lease payment. Once he rode in my car, which is larger inside, he has soured on the E500.

The real laugher is this, I ask him if he can play dvds in his nav unit, he says "I don't know, the dvd player is in the trunk", I then pop in a dvd and show him mine.

Next I say what is that on your dash? He says XM reciever, with a wire sticking into his dash board, I then show him my XM.

NEXT after I drive him around he says, "How many HP does YOUR car have"? I think he is thinking I have the V, I say 255 and his jaw drops.

I told him we really need to get him into a new STS or something.

·
Registered
CTS w/ sports suspension
43 Posts
With my 2005, 3.6, I did the same thing to an E500 on a freeway on-ramp metering light. I had to look up the weight and horsepower of the E500 to believe it. It is a bit heavier than the CTS and the gearing is different. Hey, I am happy with my CTS! I have surprised a lot of people with the CTS performance. The last one was a 2005 Mustang--he thought he could pull away.

·
Registered
CTS
1,485 Posts
The ONLY car that has really toasted me so far is a C6, really embarred me, I wasn't actually thinking of racing him, but he sees my V grill and I figure he must have thought I ACTUALLY WAS A V. Anyway he blows me away.

OTHERWISE I can at least keep up for a short time if not actually crush them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts