Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an E30 code (ISC RPM out-of-range). The SES light only comes on every few days to let me know that code has reappeared. What exactly is the problem? What do I replace or readjust?

·
Registered
2010 CTS (Elvis) 1964 Impala (Betty) 1991 Miata (Dolly)
14,333 Posts
I have had the same problem, and it still crops up occassionally when idling at a long light. I've replaced the ISC motor twice and have futzed with the screw multiple times. The damn thing seems to have a mind of its own. The code is more of an annoyance than anything else, although if the engine is running too fast at idle, it's wasting gas.

·
Registered
2010 CTS (Elvis) 1964 Impala (Betty) 1991 Miata (Dolly)
14,333 Posts
Gdwriter, did you adjust it after installation?
Yes, I followed the steps you suggested, and it still seemed to idle too high (900+ RPM) and it would trip the SES light at a long traffic signal. The nut that goes into the plunger is also very difficult to turn, so I ended up replacing it with a screw that had a good sized head so it was easier to turn. After unplugging it and turning it in some more, I've got the idle down to the 650-750 range, and it hasn't tripped the SES light lately. But for a while there, I would adjust it down, and it would come back up after some driving. Like I said earlier, the thing seems to have a mind of its own.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts