Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey ranger and guys i have an issue i cant figure out this is not related to my caddy. but it is in regard to my oldsmobile aurora the 4.6 and its engine are very similar. and i been doing some research and found that gm did the same with caddys.linking 6 or seven items to a fuse. can you guys try to help me pinpoint this yall have been a great help in the past with my caddy thanks.

·
Registered
1996 Eldorado
2,814 Posts
ahhhh...ELC. Its a good bet the compressor took a crap. It could be a corroded ground heating up or other bad connection to the pump.

·
Registered
Cadillac
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
heys thanks for the replies but e.r.l.s is how the its listed in the owners manual but its not for the leveling system. it controls the transmission shifting as well as a couple of more things.

·
Registered
Cadillac
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok guys heres sum of the crap it controls brake-transakle shift interlock heated oxygen sensor linear egr it may be more but thats wat the owners manual says.

·
Registered
Cadillac
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i dont know what it stands for ranger thats how they list it in the owners manual i see you guys are having fun but can we get back focused at the task at hand . i have the problem none the less.

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
88,148 Posts
i dont know what it stands for ranger thats how they list it in the owners manual i see you guys are having fun but can we get back focused at the task at hand . i have the problem none the less.
If you can't tell us what ELRS stands for, we can't help you. Maybe you can put it in the context of the owners manual. We've never heard that acronym used before.

·
Registered
1996 Eldorado
2,814 Posts
I hear ERLS? I hear brake, transaxle, interlock(assuming brake light switch), OX2sensor, EGR in so many words.

Unplug these components or switches, turn the key on & plug back in 1 at a time to see which one blows the fuse. This will at least narrow it down to a component or its circuit.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts