Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Sedan DeVille
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:rant2::rant2::rant2:

I have a 1996 sedan DeVille and while unemployed, I cannot afford dealer service. So I purchased the 2 volume set of service manuals for about $60.00 on Ebay. The cover says 1996 E/K platform service manual; GMP/96-E/K-1 &2, for DeVille, Concours, Eldorado & Seville. I thought these manuals would be much more detailed than any generic manual I could get at a parts store.

Now I have mechanical problems (I will make a separate thread), and I may have to pull the fuel tank to replace the pump. According to the index in volume 2 (Engine & Transaxle), the fuel system is covered in Section 6C. But there is no Section 6C in the book. It jumps from 6B to 6D, and there are no pages torn out. And I'm thinking, "I can't believe the one thing I have to look up and it isn't even here? WTF - excuse my idiom."

Does anyone know how this manual can keep referring to a section that appears to be non-existant? How can this be the complete manuals if it isn't in here? Above all, where is it if not here?

Thanks to all for your help and info.

:(:(

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,551 Posts
I thought Seville & Eldo where a separate manual. Deville/Concourse would be another. I can't remember for sure, but I thought E/K was the Eldo/Seville manual. Don't know what to say about the 6C. I can't recall my '97 manual.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts