Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1989 Fleetwood Caddy.....FWD....

The E-brake light is on, on the commad center the ABS Brake light is on, and while driving the car I tried braking but the pedal was already locked into place seeming like it was full of pressure from the ABS.... It seems there is alot of pressure built up in the brake pedal and I have no idea why.....

I tried smashing in the brake pedal to stop. It did stop but VERY VERY slowly, I had to give it at least 50 yards of clearance at 30 mph. I was driving so cautiously, good thing it was around midnight so no cars were around.

Any IDEAS of what is messed up????

·
Registered
2003 STS w/BoseNav, 1993 Deville, 1985 Deville
1,089 Posts
Holy Smokes! I'd quit driving this thing if I were you.

Sounds like the vacuum assist has disappeared. Maybe the vacuum boost canister is shot? Vacuum hoses fell off?

·
Registered
94 Eldorado, and a 99 ETC
3,887 Posts
I agree with thu. Also if the lights were coming on, then there should be a stored code. The code might tell you more about the problem.

·
Registered
1968 Cadillac Sedan deVille, 1994 Chevrolet G20
2,795 Posts
Your power assist motor is not doing what it should. Check the relay.

Weird friggin Teves ABS... No vacuum booster. Electric assist with a 1200psi nitrogen accumulator. Anyway, you may have noticed how your car may have made a electric motor noise when you turn the key on normally? Is it still doing that? Is it doing it all the time?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry for the DELAY....

Yeah I have no idea. All I know is when I push the brake pedal in, it is still hard as a rock after letting it sit for a day. I can barely stop the car while putting it in my garage. Where is the vacuum boost canister? Where is the power assist motor located?????

THanks for the help!!!!

dis..:bonkers:

Also where is the code locateD???? all i see is the anti-lock light is on and the e-brake light is on still....not turning off... i sad.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
About two weeks ago I changed the turn signal relays underneath the steering wheel.....2 months before I changed the air bags in the back and the struts in the front...350$$$...i am putting money into this thing...darn machine...gARSH..\

thanks for the help!!!!!

pictures might be helpful...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts