Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Black CTS-V
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, got the car yesterday and the E-brake doesn't seem to hold tight enough.

I have to press to completely to the floor to get it to catch, and even then its still doesn't lock the brakes well. It seems to be ok to catch rearward, but frontward sucks..

Any easy fix for this??

·
Registered
2005 Black CTS-V
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heh, I try to keep it out of the hands of the dealership as much as possible. :D

If its simple, I'd much rather do it myself, but thanks for the input either way!! :D

·
Registered
2005 RedLine Cadillac CTS-V
457 Posts
Heh, I try to keep it out of the hands of the dealership as much as possible. :D
Yeah, the last time I picked up my car from the dealer for a tire balance (because they didn't balance it the first time when they charged me for it) I found that the driver door panel was off, sweet. :highfive:

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
Well, got the car yesterday and the E-brake doesn't seem to hold tight enough.

I have to press to completely to the floor to get it to catch, and even then its still doesn't lock the brakes well. It seems to be ok to catch rearward, but frontward sucks..

Any easy fix for this??
No problem! Just install an aluminum racing e-brake cover and that bitch won't move till you tell it to!

·
Registered
2005 Black CTS-V
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Uhh, yeah.. I won't be messing with that! Thanks for the find Tony Show!.. I'd give you those points thing if I knew how! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts