Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Raven cts-v
44 Posts
Hello all, just had my fuel pump recall done on my V. I was cleaning rims and brakes and I think the ebrake cable should be routed under the cradle? I am going by it not 'looking' right and the wear marks from the cable aren't covered by the cable. Thanks in advance:)

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
The service literature on parking brake cable replacement does not provide specific location or routing information, rather it indicates to put the new cable where you found the old cable, which is attached using cable guides.

·
Registered
2004 Raven cts-v
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
darkman said:
The service literature on parking brake cable replacement does not provide specific location or routing information, rather it indicates to put the new cable where you found the old cable, which is attached using cable guides.
my concern is the cradle being dropped and the cable being on the wrong side(outside) when the cradle was reattached.the wear marks lead to inside the bushing.thanks for the reply

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
my concern is the cradle being dropped and the cable being on the wrong side(outside) when the cradle was reattached.the wear marks lead to inside the bushing.thanks for the reply
If it were mine, I would take it back to the dealer and tell them that the cable appears to be on the wrong side based on the wear marks. This was, after all, a GM recall-related procedure so there is no question about who's nickel it is. Even if they refuse to fix it, you will have "documented" the issue if it causes a problem later.

·
Registered
2004 Raven cts-v
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I took the car into the dealer and had a look.the tech that did the work actually did think about wether the routing was correct or not.seems to be ok.thanks for the help darkman.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts