Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2009 cts-v
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
E-85

I know E-85 have been a topic before but my question is how many people have been running it for more than 3 years if so what issues or non issues have came about. Because I have been considering it but heard its not good long term for our cars. My car put down 602 whp max and I drive it daily and do not take it to the track just some minor street racing.

·
Registered
none
18 Posts
Re: E-85

Been running E85 off and on for over a year with no issues.
The upside for me was an additional 70whp.
Its also cheap as chips near me avg. around 2.30 gallon.
Even with the reduced mpg I save about 30% over premium.
Just keep in mind you will need at least ID850's and a BAP to take full advance.
Any questions please let me know.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe...
194 Posts
E85 Conversion...Any Thoughts??

Seems like great bang for the buck....already fully modded with 650 at the wheels. Curious if the conversion allows to go between E and pump....needs to be bullet proof and seat of the pants difference for me to pull trigger.....thanks for any help.

·
Registered
2014 cts Vsport
401 Posts
I'm having a dual map switch installed which will allow me to either run my 91 octane or switch it over to E85. I say it's a no brainer a 50ish hp gain by a flip of a switch. Getting mine done this weekend will post my power gain after E85

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V A6, 752 RWHP Stock airbox & stock exst
1,110 Posts
Re: E85 Conversion...Any Thoughts??

Flex fuel sensor conversion will allow you to run e safely. Any mix of gasoline & e85, and the tune will adjust on the fly. E85 is not consistent with the balance of corn & fossil...

·
Registered
2009 Cadillac CTS-V
42 Posts

Its all about availability... How available is it in your area? I have an e85 station a couple miles down the road.

·
Registered
2014 cts Vsport
401 Posts
That_One_Guy said:
Its all about availability... How available is it in your area? I have an e85 station a couple miles down the road.
I have two within 3 miles of my house. Getting my car tuned for E85 today.

·
Registered
2014 Black Diamond V Coupe
96 Posts

I am interested in doing the tune as well. Are you going through D3?

·
Registered
2014 cts Vsport
401 Posts
cracing said:
I am interested in doing the tune as well. Are you going through D3?
I went through a guy that used to work at D3 tuned it today picked up108hp and 72tq. I couldn't believe it I was expecting only 50ish. E85 is the shit!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
jc09ctsv said:
I went through a guy that used to work at D3 tuned it today picked up108hp and 72tq. I couldn't believe it I was expecting only 50ish. E85 is the shit!!
Awesome results!!! Really interested in doing the tune did you run dual map? If so did you pick up mpg on 91 tune? Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,440 Posts

Severely jealous of you guys with access to E85. We have 3 stations on the registry in the state of NC.......yes 3 in the entire freaking state!

·
Registered
2014 cts Vsport
401 Posts
cracing said:
Awesome results!!! Really interested in doing the tune did you run dual map? If so did you pick up mpg on 91 tune? Thanks in advance!!
Yes I did the dual map tune. Been running E85 since I got it done haven't switched back to 91 yet the extra power is too much fun. But I'm sure mileage will be a lot better on 91. I'm getting 8-9 city and 15.5 freeway if I'm lucky with the E85. Lol

·
Registered
96 Posts
jc09ctsv said:
Yes I did the dual map tune. Been running E85 since I got it done haven't switched back to 91 yet the extra power is too much fun. But I'm sure mileage will be a lot better on 91. I'm getting 8-9 city and 15.5 freeway if I'm lucky with the E85. Lol
Good to hear its working out for you. I would be interested in doing the same if you could get me the info of who you used it would be greatly appreciated! Currently stock but looking for id850's, 2.4 and 9.1, upgraded intercooler, airaid, kooks or ARH heads

----------

CVP33 said:
Severely jealous of you guys with access to E85. We have 3 stations on the registry in the state of NC.......yes 3 in the entire freaking state!
Thats terrible! Maybe methanol is in your future?

·
Registered
2014 cts Vsport
401 Posts
cracing said:
Good to hear its working out for you. I would be interested in doing the same if you could get me the info of who you used it would be greatly appreciated! Currently stock but looking for id850's, 2.4 and 9.1, upgraded intercooler, airaid, kooks or ARH heads

If you do both pulleys and E85 you will need to get an upgraded fuel pump for sure. I'm at 660rwhp with the 2.5 upper and E85 and my stock fuel pump is maxed out now any other mods for me and I will have to replace it. Church tuning did my Dual map tune.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts