Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some here have installed dynomat in the rear seat area and the trunk....I'm considering this to reduce the clunk from the diff....can you comment on wether its worth the trouble? Is there anything better than dynomat? I've put 2700 mi. on mine, and it's starting to lose its appeal because of this...and it isn't even a daily driver..

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,440 Posts
I recall two or three V owners did this. Mostly for audio installs but at least one for noise abatement. Someone also did a "roll-on" application. Don't recall the results though. We'll most likely get an answer tomorrow on this one.

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
I've done Dynamat type stuff (can't remember what it is) under the rear seat and all through the trunk. Can't say it reduces "clunk" but it certainly reduces noise. It is pretty easy and well worth it, IMHO.

YMMV

·
Registered
CTS-V
798 Posts
sharky1 said:
I know some here have installed dynomat in the rear seat area and the trunk....I'm considering this to reduce the clunk from the diff....can you comment on wether its worth the trouble? Is there anything better than dynomat? I've put 2700 mi. on mine, and it's starting to lose its appeal because of this...and it isn't even a daily driver..
Have your dealer check the torque on the cradle and pinion support bolts. My clunk went away after I asked them to do that.

·
Registered
05 V/corsa/shifter/bushings/stealth tune/cai/19inch hre's
843 Posts
i did mine for my stereo...and what a diff....its so quit...its worth the time.

·
Registered
05 CTS-V
23,162 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts