Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to a local performance shop with a DynoJet.
The first run was pretty much how the car came from the dealership. With about 1000 miles on the car.
The second run was the good ole open air box trick, with a fan blowing direct air into. (This run sounded awesome because you can really hear the supercharger whine up, I can't wait to get a cold air for the car.)

·
Registered
Cadillac 1998 STS
99 Posts
The 2 dyno runs illustrate just how sensitive these forced induction cars are to pre-supercharger inlet restriction.

peace
Hog

·
Registered
Cadillac
292 Posts
Nice results and thanks for the post. Good to see that the V2 responds well to free/stealth mods. I think we have a new GNX.

·
Registered
Cadillac
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh sweet! Another V owner in OKC.

I got my V dynoed at Abel Racing out in Midwest City, OK. There's another shop called Alternative Motorsports that has a dynojet. Give them a call. What color and goodies did you get on your V? And where did you buy yours from?

Tuan

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V (Sold)
64 Posts
Its the Thunder Gray color, Recaro seats, polished wheels, ultraview sunroof, the suede steering wheel and shifter, basically every option...haha! Automatic though. I ended up picking it up at Sewell in Dallas. They found it at Jerry's Cadillac in Weatherford, TX. Have you done anything to your V yet?? I'm still in the break in period on mine.

·
Registered
Cadillac
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice color! I was thinking of the Thunder Gray too. Just came across this black one for a great deal.

As of now, no mods done to it. My future plans are: Cold Air Intake, American Racing Headers, Tune, Lowered, Wheels. Only things I've done to my car is put tint on and put a custom clear bra on my car.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V (Sold)
64 Posts
Where did you get the clear bra done and how much? My buddy is going to do it with the 1/4 of the hood, rockers, side mirrors, fenders and rear bumper. Also remove the tint and put 5% on all for $1200. Seemed kind've expensive!

·
Registered
Cadillac
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My friends owns a tint shop in edmond. Call up 640-9420 and ask for Joe. He owns his shop, and does everything himself. For the front bumper, 1/4 hood, two side mirros, and the top of the rear bumper. He will charge $650.00 and for 5% tint all around he will charge around $150.00, and I think its about $50 to remove the tint. I'm pretty sure he will cut you a deal if you do both at the same time. Just let him know, Tuan sent you.

·
Registered
'09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles
3,435 Posts
Nice results and thanks for the post. Good to see that the V2 responds well to free/stealth mods. I think we have a new GNX.
A GNX never had it this good, sorry to say, but I do see similarities. GNX's were terrible handlers, as were all of the turbo bricks. Good straight line cars though, but not a match for a V2.

·
Registered
'09 CTS-V Clack 6psd (manual), Recaro, Loaded...
381 Posts
A GNX never had it this good, sorry to say, but I do see similarities. GNX's were terrible handlers, as were all of the turbo bricks. Good straight line cars though, but not a match for a V2.
I'd still be careful of a turbo Buick in a straight line with my V. You'd be lucky to find one that isn't modded and as such very fast.

·
Registered
'09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles
3,435 Posts
I'd still be careful of a turbo Buick in a straight line with my V. You'd be lucky to find one that isn't modded and as such very fast.
I would never consider putting a bone stock turbo brick, even the notorious GNX up against a V(2?), in a straight line, or any other performance type of test. The '87 turbo brick was a high 13 sec car to a mid 14 sec car in the quarter, at best conditions, and the GNX would edge it out maybe about a half of a sec, and that's a maybe at best conditions. I would caution against most peoples ability to determine a stock '86-'87 turbo brick against some of the sleeper turbo bricks that look and sound stock to the average car guy. There's more than a few mid 10 sec sleeper turbo bricks out there on the street. Generally only the fatter rear tires give them away, or a peek under the hood.
Suppose there might be a reason that I am over here on this forum? I meant no dissing of this forum, it's members, or the members cars.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts